drt_t1gg3r

A birthday present they all can afford

drt_t1gg3r    0

Hey all,

It's been a while since I have posted here. I tell ya life can get a little crazy every now and then. Any hoo. My question is this. My birthday is coming up (Next Saturday the 3rd. Plug it baby yeah!) and everyone is asking me what I want.....

Well for years I have been hard lining mics and guitars into my pc line-in slot and using KAE for my mixing...It's been fun and all, but....none of the recordings sound professional. Now that could be my inability/ignorance on how to properly record my sounds, but I believe it is because I am using my equipment improperly. (never use a monkey wrench to drive a nail...yeah it will drive the nail...but that's not what the wrench was designed for).

So, I would like to know if I can offer them any advise at what I should be looking for when I want to mix/record/lay down tracks at the cheapest price for the best quality? I have been all over musicians friend, ebay, tiger direct, yamahaa, tascam, alesis(?), and several other sites, but I really don't know what it is that I really need. I see prices ranging from $0.99 to $4,800.00 !!

If I haven't mentioned yet, all I want to do is lay down my tracks one at a time in a raw form them mix them together and apply any effects I think would sound nice. I do this already with KAE and Audacity, however, like I said before they don't sound too professional.

Sure you all can post all the ideas on how you think I should just re-do my recordings with what I have now, but, my birthday is coming up and they want to buy me new toys so....let them!!!:yeahhh:

Can anyone give me some names/sites/equipment types/ideas/prices/anything really for what I want. I hope I made it clear what it is I want....if not, then I truly have a communication problem. (6 paragraphs and no info...that's sad)