OCMagnum

Hello everybody......

Brand new guitar player here; I always wanted to learn, but never took the time or had other excuses. :oops:

Now my wife and I just had our first child, a wonderful baby boy :wow: , and I told myself that I want him to grow up with music, and hopefully pick the guitar up one day himself.

Now, since I am a complete newcomer and really want to see if I even got half a chance to learn how to play, I obviously did not want to lay out too much money to start with and I ordered (start laughter now) one of Esteban's American Legacy sets from HSN. I know that the guitars don't have the best rep in the "advance" guitar community, but I have to say that I like the guitar quite a bit so far. I fully appreciate that this will not be a guitar I will be able to play for the next 50 years and that the quality (hopefully) is not the same as a $1000 guitar, but it does sound nice to my untrained ears and the price is right for the package.

This looks to be a great site and I am very thankful to all the people helping to create this community. I shall now retrieve back into my dungeon and practice, practice and practice some more.

Thanks for your time and all the best!

Rico

hey rico

welcome and congrats on the new addition, its been a while for me but i know how exciting and scary that can be lol.

im not sure about the guitar u purchased just not familiar with it, but if it works ok for you then go for it, i dont feel it matters much what you play when your starting out as long as the quality is ok and the action is good then you will be fine

so once again welcome and have fun ok theres lots of great pple on line here and they are all willing to help out so enjoy

joe:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Welcome Rico!

Few start out on expensive instruments....my first guitar was paid for with my paper route money, it was $35.00...new

......that was a while ago but still:)

Nice job man on your boy and you got the right idea about the guitar i would bet. I am 16 and i know that since my mother played guitar I always wanted to play guitar, but no one could teach me. If you are gonna teach your son i know he will apreciate it down the road.

If you are looking for some good begginers info one of the Moderators "Clancy" has a site somewhere about begginers. and i also have a great site designed fo the very most new person to a guitar as you can get. It helped me so much.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

(It should be right under this sentence in orange)

Welcome Rico,

Glad to have you aboard. Good luck with the guitar. Lots of folks to help out on any questions you may have.

"Now, since I am a complete newcomer and really want to see if I even got half a chance to learn how to play"

Ha! You have a 100% chance to learn the guitar! :)

Congrats to you and the Mrs. on the new member of the family.

I played my kids to sleep with guitar and now I play the grand kids to sleep. How cool is that. Be sure to learn some nice melodic tunes just for that occasion!

lc

Hi there !

Great to have you in our wonderful family !:) Congrats for your baby son ! I too really want to learn well and teach my son myself, i feel it'll be a great feeling. (I'm not yet married though and plan to get soon:oops:

Anyways welcome pal !!!!

Regds

Kush:)

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcom! Great to see that this place is so international! :clap:

I have been playing for about an hour last night and my calluses are coming along real nicely :thumbup1:

Thanks again to everyone and I hope you all have a great day.

Rico