solidwalnut

Reminder: The use of bad language is not tolerated

According to the rules of this site, no bad language will be tolerated.

General Posting Rules

1.1. No bad language! If a member continues to use bad language after a warning, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. If you need to get a certain point across, use of an appropriate smilie or the use of #@%$ is ok as long as it's not overdone.

I know that there are times when the use is not necessarily overdone and isn't viewed as deathly harmful, but keep this in mind:

Your examples egg on newer members. Please think before you post. There are plenty of words in the English language to use. This is a family oriented site.

Steve

Wow one post out of 1000+ brought this on?

Shame Shame I should have used donkey instead of an A with two dollar signs but it somehow didn't bring my point across.

Hummmmmm I wonder is it getting unfriendly around here?

Cheers, :beer:

Jay

What do you mean 'unfriendly'?? We're just talking about rules.

And why in the world did you just point the finger at yourself? This was meant to be a general thread. That's what moderators do.

Steve

Senior members tend to be role models for newer, younger members so be aware of that please.. It is very easy for this kind of thing to snowball. I have seen it happen here before to the point where entire threads were deleted. At no time should there be any recognizable letters in a censored word. Go with the symbols above the number keys if you feel the need to express something strongly.

There has been a rash of this lately J.J. We have been dealing with it behind the scenes but, it is getting out of hand.

It's our job to catch that 1 in a thousand post. The rules apply 24/7.

Now I know what Charlie Brown feels like.

Whose Charlie Brown? ;)

Just joshing. I'm in my 50s and when I read that I wondered if young people today would know he is (was?).

Whose Charlie Brown? ;)

Just joshing. I'm in my 50s and when I read that I wondered if young people today would know he is (was?).

Well, Charlie lives on in the comic strip, but his creator Charles Schulz, died in 2000.

Thanks for the reminder Steve. We get quite a few members who are very young come on this site, so despite the fact that they may hear plenty of cursing at home or at school, it's good to know that they can come on here and participate in a forum where cursing and flaming is not allowed and discouraged whereas, upbuilding and friendly conversation is the norm and makes for a much more user-friendly atmosphere.:winkthumb:

Never-mind! Throws chip off of shoulder.

Now I know what Charlie Brown feels like.

Cheers, :beer:

Jay

Welcome to the club.:drinking: I've been censored:tomato: at least two or three times and reprimanded:hammers: once. BTW, that's allthumbs with the hammer.

Russian proverb (true): "When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail".

No hidden messages there, just something I heard, and I find it true about people quite often.