coldethyl

If you didn't take up guitar, what other instrument would you have liked?

If you hadn't chosen to learn & play guitar, what other instrument would you select?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. If you hadn't chosen to learn & play guitar, what other instrument would you select?

• Keyboards/Piano
    • Drums/Percussion
    • Bass
    • Other
    • It would have been the guitar or nothing

Yes, if you hadn't taken up guitar, is there another instrument you would have gone with?

For me, it would have to be drums?

I remember listening to "100,000 years" by KISS and drumming along to Peter Criss' drum solo with my mum's knitting needles, much to her dismay.

This is a tough one to answer. The other instruments I quite like are cello, clarinet and maybe sax but you couldn't play the sort of music I liked best on any of them.

Guitar was never an option when I was young. I didn't even see a real life guitar until I was 18 (in a shop window when I escaped from rural England) and no option to learn guitar at school. I could have possibly asked to learn piano at school but we didn't have any instruments or piano at home so I never did, and violin was just too excruciating in the hands of a beginner.

I was always in love with the guitar and the music that it made, but I didn't get a chance to buy my own until a few years ago. So my answer is Guitar or nothing.

When I was lil biddy boy

I use to play tambourne

in the Salvation Army band

On the corners every Christmas season

I still remember the good ol carols

My right hand still beats along

Umm so I am going to say Tambourine

The triangle. It's undemanding, and gives so much. It's also affordable.

I dreamt of the cello, but too $$$$.

I am thinking of trying drumming, and am currently trying singing (properly, with lessons).

I like playing the piano but I'm not that good, I think I would have taken proper singing lessons, I did sing in the Choir until I left school but I would have liked to take it to the next level, I like singing and think the Voice is a brilliant instrument.

I play sax already, but would probably be a lot better if I didn't play guitar.

I absolutley love blues/gospel/jazz piano - think Ray Charles. That stuff send me into raptures. I would love to be able to piano in that style, or the Hammond B3.

I always thought it would be neat to be able to walk into some shot & beer joint that had an upright in the bar, sit down & play something like "One for My Baby".

That would be cool, with the added bonus of free beer for playing hopefully;)

I already play drums, so I guess I can't go with that one. :D

So I imagine it probably would have been Keyboards/piano..... I currently noodle with it, but I would like to actually learn how to "play" it.

-tkr

I voted bass, but it could have been drums too. I dabble at both of them and enjoy 'em both - just not quite as much as the guitar.

I'd also have to agree with Les (even though he may have said it jokingly) about the bagpipes - I've always thought they were a cool-sounding instrument! :yes:

My first instrument was the piano and i still love playing it but lately ive had the urge to give the drums a good beating...i doubt id be any good but it just seems like so much fun.

I play a little blues harp, actually looking for harp lessons when I found this site. Would love to start violin again one day, maybe when I am all grown up.

well I'd like to be able to call my voice an instrument, but thats never going to happen.

probably clarinet or sax

got to sample woodwind and brass at school for half a year (Sort of a sample intro thing so you could choose) I choose clarinet and dug it, couldn't afford the extra fees though.

Piano would be good to, can play a bit