JessThrasher

*weep* bye bye stickies...

So recently I decided that all those stickers are looking crap. So I "borrowed" the heat gun and used it to remove the stickies. The rest of the "goo" was easily removed with some Crayonaway or whatever it was called. And now I've got hte stickies off, Im thinking of stripping the paint off so its just plain wood. Go or no?

If you go to plain wood, apply a couple coats of clear coat or you'll need to oil it to avoid the wood drying out on you. Any home improvement store or paint store will show you what you need.

If you go to plain wood, apply a couple coats of clear coat or you'll need to oil it to avoid the wood drying out on you. Any home improvement store or paint store will show you what you need.

Definately need to clear laquer or varnis the wood before reinstalling the hardware. remember not to varnish the recess the the neck its into as this allows the wood to breath if it needs to. And don't be tempted to rebuild until it has completely harden. Lets see a before and after pic eh!!!

Rocking Dad

I've decided to keep the paint on since solid black looks quite good. But stickies kinda start to remind me of punks with their cheap guitars plastered in stickers. The reason squier strats or stratcopies or whatever look good with stickers is because they are cheap. Stickers reduce value right? a $500 Ibanez doesn't look too good plastered in stickies.

I've decided to keep the paint on since solid black looks quite good. But stickies kinda start to remind me of punks with their cheap guitars plastered in stickers. The reason squier strats or stratcopies or whatever look good with stickers is because they are cheap. Stickers reduce value right? a $500 Ibanez doesn't look too good plastered in stickies.

Yeah, avoid the stickies if you can.:winkthumb:

No an Ibanez looks cool on it's own, no need for stickers:winkthumb: