- - - - -

Where is the previous posted lesson on fingerpicking?

7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crazyseoulsister

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 30-August 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:18 AM

Just yesterday or the day before someone posted a lesson on a fingerpicking lesson that was in similar style to 'dust in the wind' and that could be used for various songs. (I know it was not Kirk- that much I do remember) I know I posted on that thread/link/message but I can't find it anywhere. I want to go and watch the vid again. Is there any way I can find it quickly? Is there any way to bookmark it internally on THIS site rather then adding it to my faves on my computer?

This is really irking me cuz I really want to play it again. I wrote it down in tab but I don't have the timing down. ARGH! Help!

#2 OFFLINE   mattz196

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,534 posts
  • Joined 31-July 06

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:41 AM

Css Here you go http://www.guitarfor...%5D/#post117514
What's Rangoon to you is Grafton to me

#3 OFFLINE   solidwalnut

Moderator | Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,098 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:14 AM

crazyseoulsister said:

Just yesterday or the day before someone posted a lesson on a fingerpicking lesson that was in similar style to 'dust in the wind' and that could be used for various songs. (I know it was not Kirk- that much I do remember) I know I posted on that thread/link/message but I can't find it anywhere. I want to go and watch the vid again. Is there any way I can find it quickly? Is there any way to bookmark it internally on THIS site rather then adding it to my faves on my computer?

This is really irking me cuz I really want to play it again. I wrote it down in tab but I don't have the timing down. ARGH! Help!

Hi crazyseoulsister--

One thing you can always do is to look at the top of this page whenever you're in the forum. Right underneath the words "Guitar for Beginners and Beyond" you'll see links (Forum, Free Lessons, The Guitar, etc.). You can always find the lessons by either clicking on Free Lessons or drilling down deeper by selecting each separate lesson forum in the drop down menu. For this fingerstyle lesson, you can bookmark solidwalnut's lessons for example. Or another internal bookmark to use is my lesson directory.

Steve
Steve Cass
Solid Walnut Music/ASCAP

Becoming a great guitarist has less to do with fancy moves than it does becoming a master of the basics and learning musicianship.
It's not what you can't do. It's how you play what you already know.

View my lessons here at GfB&B

"Rhythm guitar is a trip that alot of people miss" -- Tom Petty

#4 OFFLINE   solidwalnut

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,098 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

crazyseoulsister said:

Something else I just learned (I wonder how long Clancy had this activated and I am just now noticing??:dunno:) is that you can add an individual post to your internal favorites, then accessable in your control panel.

Edit: Ahh, what I just found out is that when you ad an internal site favorite, a Favorites link shows up in the blue navigation (the same one where the CP link is).

Steve
Steve Cass
Solid Walnut Music/ASCAP

Becoming a great guitarist has less to do with fancy moves than it does becoming a master of the basics and learning musicianship.

#5 OFFLINE   crazyseoulsister

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 30-August 07

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

Thanks-

I am so glad I asked. I found the button where I can add faves to my CP. What a great feature!

thanks for the great lesson!

#6 OFFLINE   solidwalnut

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,098 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:20 PM

crazyseoulsister said:

Thanks-

I am so glad I asked. I found the button where I can add faves to my CP. What a great feature!

You're very welcome.
Steve Cass
Solid Walnut Music/ASCAP

#7 OFFLINE   solidwalnut

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,098 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:10 PM

crazyseoulsister said:

Thanks-

I just talked with Clancy about this feature. It's not ready for prime time yet. She's just testing it out. She likes it, we like it, but she said there's a couple of bugs with it she has to work out first. So don't be too surprised if it goes away for a bit.

You could do something in the meantime to save certain threads. It's a little un-user friendly, but it would work:

Copy the url of the thread (the http://www.stuff at the top of the browser) and paste it into a new thread. Call the new thread crazyseoulsister's fav's or whatever. Post the thread. You can always find this thread by clicking on your name and selecting 'find all posts by crazyseoulsister' and a list of all of your posts will appear.

A substitute for now, anyway.

Alternatively, you can use the forum search function (on the same blue nav bar you'll see 'Search') and put in key words to find threads.

Steve
Steve Cass
Solid Walnut Music/ASCAP

#8 OFFLINE   Aunt Doty

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 1,577 posts
  • Joined 24-January 07

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

I click on thread tools at the top of the thread and subscribe to the thread and it's save to your CP. Of course you frequently have to clean out the subscribed threads and just keep the ones you want to find easily, but it works!
Music is a universal language!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users