9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Berck

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 13-June 07

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:31 AM

Hi Kirk,

I can hold a few chords but still trying to get the strumming rhythm right, and I'm trying to understand the fretboard better as well. My question is this, will PT help me to play fingerstyle just from knowing chords. Also, will you ship to Singapore and how much will it cost me. Thanks

Regards.

#2 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,239 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:56 AM

Hi, Berck.

PlaneTalk is all about getting to know the fretboard better and how to think in real time about music. It doesn't teach anything about finger style.

Yes, I often ship to Singapore and the prices are on the order page.

#3 OFFLINE   felixdcat

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Joined 03-March 07

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

I strongly suggest that book. It doesn't show the technique, but it's simple: if you want to understand music and guitar - get PlaneTalk.

Cheers!

#4 OFFLINE   solidwalnut

Moderator | Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,098 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:40 PM

Berck--

PT is a great basis for the fretboard and how that relates to basic music. Armed with this knowledge you can then have a step up in the basics of the guitar world. You can then tackle the fingerstyle and rhythm lessons found here!

Steve
Steve Cass
Solid Walnut Music/ASCAP

Becoming a great guitarist has less to do with fancy moves than it does becoming a master of the basics and learning musicianship.
It's not what you can't do. It's how you play what you already know.

View my lessons here at GfB&B

"Rhythm guitar is a trip that alot of people miss" -- Tom Petty

#5 OFFLINE   Hilch

• Active Members
  • 3,169 posts
  • Joined 19-March 06

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:02 AM

Kirk ,

At what level of playing is Plane talk aimed at ?

I have had very few lessons and have picked on things from just watching others , I am not one for learning theory as I just want to play ..:)

Trev..:)
" Such is Life "
Ned Kelly

#6 OFFLINE   X4StringDrive

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 6,356 posts
  • Joined 04-March 07

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:13 PM

Trev, I'd say go for it, you know that I'm a beginner, but PT has a lot to offer that you will benefit from now as well as after giving it some time to sink in....take my word for it, if you remember when I first came here, you and I did a little collab with you on rhythm on me attempting some lead, well that was about the extent of my knowledge of the fret board and PT has really opened my eyes up for me. seems the more I go through it{book & Dvd} the easier its becoming .

#7 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,239 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

Hi, Trev.

If you're at the stage where you want to understand a little more about what you're playing (theory) and how to find it all on the fretboard (the whole fretboard), then I know you'd benefit from reading PlaneTalk. There's nothing overly complicated about the basic structure of music, and it's certainly helpful when writing songs, something I know you're into. PlaneTalk would have to be one of the easiest approaches to a complicated subject, and I can say with confidence that the lesson it teaches will stay with you forever more. You'll never look down at the fretboard the same way again, once you digest what it's all about.

#8 OFFLINE   Hilch

• Active Members
  • 3,169 posts
  • Joined 19-March 06

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:42 AM

Thanks for personally replying Kirk ,

The little wife just bought me a new guitar so I might have to wait a bit before asking for some dough ray me for a bit ...

Her B'day is coming up though it could be a nice present for her ...

Ohh wait she don't play or even interested in learning ...

Its on my list , and I aaint going anywhere :)
" Such is Life "
Ned Kelly

#9 OFFLINE   Live Stone

• Active Members
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 11-September 06

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:51 PM

Trev: I think you are ready for PT when the money situation is right. The big question is PT ready for Hilch. :eek::isaynothing: I think yes. Be looking forward to having my mate from the land down under on the forum.:beer:

Best regards

Danny
Politicians are like baby diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason.

#10 OFFLINE   SkyNet

• Active Members
  • 157 posts
  • Joined 02-June 06

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:19 AM

Live Stone said:

The big question is PT ready for Hilch. I think yes. Be looking forward to having my mate from the land down under on the forum

omg, are you suggesting sicing Hilch on another forum?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users