oki270

Laney LG20R vs. Roland Cube 15W

LeeB    0

I can be of no personal help here other than saying that in another thread here the Roland Cube was highly recommended... especially over a Marshall.

wjp01908    0

Well I`m a big cube fan ( I use a 60 for pretty much everything ) so take this with a pinch of salt.

Looking at the Laney, it does seem a little more limited in the choice of tones available - the cubes come with a range of models and playing around with these these and using them in your own particular way will give you some pointers as to what you might want to look for in any amp you buy in the future.

The clean channel on the cubes also works very well with multi fx units if you decide purchase one of these in the future, having a very flat response. Although I can`t comment on the Laney in this regard, it is something that is not true of all guitar amps.

Best advice is probably to try them out.

Will

krissovo    0

I am a cube fan like Will (I have the 30)

Its certainly more versatile in my opinion and everyone I know who has one think they are great budget amps.

I have a Laney Hardcore 30 as well, looks a similar(ish) spec but they are limited with 2 channels. Mind you you could love both the channels and it could be your dream amp so give them a try if you can.

LeeB    0
Another Cube fan here. Although I only have the microcube I love it. For it's size it has a terrific sound, and the onboard effects/amp models are great. Real good value amps.

Do you use it with your Crafter? is it 10 or 15 amps? or?

cmmcgarry5    0
Another Cube fan here. Although I only have the microcube I love it. For it's size it has a terrific sound, and the onboard effects/amp models are great. Real good value amps.

Ditto the 15W

Chris

LeeB    0

Did a search and came across the Roland Street cube...looks interesting ... the ultimate in amps if busking is in your future perhaps. Anyone have a review on one of these? They were only realesed this past summer I believe.

krissovo    0
Did a search and came across the Roland Street cube...looks interesting ... the ultimate in amps if busking is in your future perhaps. Anyone have a review on one of these? They were only realesed this past summer I believe.

I had a look a few weeks ago, nice little amp, does vox as well so not as many features as the cubes for the guitar. Would also be great at a party:guitardude: :guitardude: :guitardude: :guitardude: :guitardude:

Stratrat    0

I've never played a Laney, but I think very highly of the Roland Cube series. I have a Micro Cube and am very pleased with it.

I don't know if the new "Street Cube" has actually hit the stores yet, but I'd definitely prefer that to the Micro Cube. It looks like a very cool setup.

scott58    0

Cube 30 is nice. It was real close when I bought my Vox. The Vox only won out because i thought it had a bit bluesier tone, but I still think about the cube so who knows. I have yet to find a Laney anywhere. I hear alot of good things and I'm curious to try one.

edit: One thing I should add though is at the time I liked the idea of the one tone control on the Vox because of all the messing around I do with the Peavey, but I quickly learned how limited it was because of it. The Pod XT live I bought solved all of that, but i basically ended up with a $650 Vox DA 20. I like it, but maybe not the best i could have gotten for the money