stratdude08

Recording Music

I use Adobe Audition which isn't free, but I hear that Audacity is good, and it's free. I'm sure you'll get more recommendations for it from people who actually use it. Hang in there.

just a note ....

I've downloaded ( from work :rolleyes: ... don't tell anyone ....) an evaluation of Audition ......... I'm going through it. But, heads up, 30 days is not enough time ...... there is a ton of goodness inside Audition!

Les

Audacity is good, but the recording seem to carry 'noise', which is why I don't use it anymore...

Give it a go anyway!

Is there one where you can just plug in the guitar to the soundcard via my modeling processor and record a piece

Audacity looked ok but comments have put me off it a bit

I had a quick look on the sites of Audition and Multitrack and THEY looked a bit beyond my feeble brain :escape:

So is there a simple good one

Or are those complicated ones simpler than they look :blink:

Is there one where you can just plug in the guitar to the soundcard via my modeling processor and record a piece

Audacity looked ok but comments have put me off it a bit

I had a quick look on the sites of Audition and Multitrack and THEY looked a bit beyond my feeble brain :escape:

So is there a simple good one

Or are those complicated ones simpler than they look :blink:

I have both Audacity & Kristal, both have similar features. I seem to like the layout of Kristal better, if your familiar with tape recorder controls and a basic mixing console, you'll probably become familiar with it in no time. Kristal only saves to wav. files only; however you can export it into Audacity which will save in mp3 if you so desire. (make sure to download the Lame mp3 encoder). I'm still messing with the two programs, haven't recorded anything substantial yet. (yep, you can just "plug & play" with both programs) All I can suggest is give them a try. ;)

This is the easiest one I have ever found. It has a record wizard setup that takes you step by step through recording. It should take you all of ten minutes to be recording stuff if you follow it.

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/

You can go through your modeler to your sound card and then go to any recording software you want.