st_jo

Not a complaint....

Once before I mentioned that perhaps there was a way for cookies to be sent making it easier to navigate on this site.

A more precise suggestion goes like this:

when I open a link from my email notification, I enter the website as a guest. After logging in, I am directed to the forum main page. I then have to navigate to the correct forum thread to post- which can be confusing for even the smartest of us. For instance: I am opened in 2 separate browser windows and one (from email link) is as guest-- the other as user. Well, the same forum is open in both yet one says there are 4 pages, the other says 3.

Am I totally confused or what?

I don't think it should be working the way you are describing st_jo.

I just logged out and then clicked on an email link to a thread in which I had subscribed and was taken to the login page. I logged in and was redirected back to that thread.

One way you can avoid the constant login problem is when you login, tick the "remember me" checkbox underneath the login form. If that doesn't work, look at your settings in your browser. You may have your cookies set to expire when you close your browser... or something like that.

You're not an AOL user are you?

Clancy

One way you can avoid the constant login problem is when you login, tick the "remember me" checkbox underneath the login form

I never have to log in unless of course I tidy up my control panel and delete cookies but the cookie monster don't like me throwing them away ...

I never have to log in unless of course I tidy up my control panel and delete cookies but the cookie monster don't like me throwing them away ...

I love cookies!:yes:

...................the eatable type that is.