Berto

Worth buying a Squier?

Noodler    1

I tried a 72 Deluxe Reissue the other day (similar to the p90 one) and despite it being a guitar that I thought would have it all, it was a bit uncomfortable. The strings rattled badly and buzzed, and all the knobs put me off. It's not supposed to be a Gretsch or a Gibbo.

Darkhorizon, I'm glad that you enjoy yours though. It's got a real Indy rock(Independent record label) kind of cool about it. I still like the image of it.

BTW, anyone know the difference between Alnico 2,3 and 5 magnets?

As another aside, I saw a super-cool version of the obey graphic design at the Fender Custom Shop site:

FenderĀ® Custom Shop

Darkhorizon    0

Thanks Noodle, I asked the shop to make sure mine was OK as I know sometimes the build quality on the squires can vary alot. The P90 I got is really nice with no rattle or buzz so far.

:)

Noodler    1
Thanks Noodle, I asked the shop to make sure mine was OK as I know sometimes the build quality on the squires can vary alot. The P90 I got is really nice with no rattle or buzz so far.

:)

That's the idea.

I tried two Affinity Teles the other day, straight after each other. The first one played and sounded very nice, but it was black and had someweird timber stains on the headstock. So I tried a blue one (same model) and it was totally different in feel and sound. If they were all like the black one, I'd order one in in red, but as you say, it doesn't work like that.

LCJones,

Mixing the two together gave a beautiful rich, ringing, chiming tone that held on and died gracefully thanks to the mahogany's sustain.
That dying gracefully is a beautiful thing, and is surprising for a budget instrument. Sounds like a fine choice.

I bought an MIM strat a while ago and set it up with some sweet low action.Plays nice.Then a couple of weeks later,I tried a friend's Squier.I couldn't tell the difference.It played just as good as mine,I thought.I'm no expert,but I'm pretty sure I know when something feels harder to play.Just like everyone says,try a few out.