VoodooChild

Strange Guitar Problem...

VoodooChild    0

So i got this old Yamahaa guitar from a friend... It worked just fine, it has been working just fine till a feew days, when i gently put on the support and sudenly the amp just that making noise, just noise, senseless and very loud, maybe like radio interference (bad english i know), but louder... the guitar as a mic that is loose, but it was loose already and never made any problems, still the jack in the bottom of the guitar is was more loose than it was before. You'll all say by now "what an ***hole, damn just strech the jack and put it back the way it was". Before you say it, just know that i tried, but i just wont get in and stay there u know?? kindda hard to describe... If someone has the slihtest ideia of what it is just tell me, its really getting on my nerves! :) ty all anyway!

nagukush    0

hey there, dont get tensed up ! The loud noise may be because of your amp is not grounded. It does produce very loud and irritating sound, when your ampl-supply is not grounded. may be check on that. and i'm sorry i'm not able to understand your problem.. may be can you explain it more clearly ?:) no probs with the english mate, you're fine;)

Lots of things to check.

Start with the amp. Unplug the guitar cord from the amp and turn it on. Got noise? It's the amp. No noise?

Turn the amp off and plug the cord in w/o a guitar on the other end of it. Turn the amp on. Got noise? It's the cord. No noise? It's the guitar. Probably a grounding problem from what you've described. What kind of guitar is it?

VoodooChild    0

i dont know what "grounded" is, but i guess that's not the problem cuz i tried it on other amp's and the problem was still there.

with pictures:

"my" guitar: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000YTJ1M.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

the "jack entry" where the problem seems to be (not my guitar just got this out of google) : http://www.nealmoser.com/images/11%20pms%203%20electronics%20and%20output%20jack.jpg

VoodooChild    0
Lots of things to check.

Start with the amp. Unplug the guitar cord from the amp and turn it on. Got noise? It's the amp. No noise?

Turn the amp off and plug the cord in w/o a guitar on the other end of it. Turn the amp on. Got noise? It's the cord. No noise? It's the guitar. Probably a grounding problem from what you've described. What kind of guitar is it?

no problem with the amp

no problem with the cable, i tried with others.

so it's the guitar, i guessed that as well.

its a yamaha, check the link to the pic i just posted.

unscrew the jack plate and gently pull the jack out. See if the wires are properly attached and that nothing lose is moving around. Then you'll have to unscrew the pickguard to check the other end. You don't have to remove the strings to do this, but it's MUCH easier if you do remove them. Again, you're checking for lose wires/connections.

VoodooChild    0

my bad, the picture induces into error, my jack plate "doesnt" exist, there's only the hole to put the cable, and some screw-alike pattern around it. really hard to describe. i tried screwing it up but it seems to get back to initial position right after i let it go, beside the fact it doenst spin that much..............i'm just gonna try to get a picture, ill post as soon as i find smth