Rockerbob

My $99 Floyd Rose guitar arrived.

fly135    5

Yeah but the law of Ginny (my wife) sez...

S = KT

Where....

S = Stable size

T = Guitar Play'n Talent

K = Arbitrary wife imposed constant

Your T is clearly much larger and your wife's K may be more generous.

Rockerbob    47

I have the same issues with the K constant, but I do find there is flexability in K when W (wife) is feeling guilty about her purchases.

So we're looking at: S = KWT

I got a good W value as she had just bought some new earrings.

fly135    5

I should add that according to wife rules Electrics take up 1.5 SGU (Stable Guitar Units) and Acoustics take up 0.5 SGU. I have 6 electrics and 3 acoustics. Fortunately she can't keep enough track of pedals and amps to figure out how many units they use up.

eddiez152    129

KSTW ?

You guys must go about it all wrong.

1. I give my wife no budget to go by as I know what ever she buys is always on sale.

2. Since the guitar was on sale, and she loves that word. How could I go wrong.

3. If I can't put it on the floor, there is plenty of wall space. It looks pretty good at the guitar shop. I mean all those colors.

She loves decorating.

So I got mine today and here it is, another model should be here this week, and a pending order for one with a 1 3/4 nut just like the next one coming only in a different color.

To be continued:

But for now, here is mine. Floyd Rose DST-3 I missed the sale, but she doesn't know that.

I just let her see the Banner at the bottom of the our page and its love all over again. (SALE) WHAT A WONDERFUL WORD

5894.attach

5895.attach

5896.attach

eddiez152    129

allthumbs,

No idea what that is. Or even if thats good or bad, but was mostly interested in seeing what the Floyd Rose setup is all about for techno reasons and modifications to them.

Stratrat    0
allthumbs,

No idea what that is. Or even if thats good or bad...

Eddie..AT was talking about the pups...Single, Single, Humbucker....

Yep, that was the "SSH" part. The "wheedlie guitar" part is slang, referring to a "shredder" guitar.....so named because when shredders play, it usually sounds like "wheedliewheedliewheedlie...". Wheedlie guitars are usually pointy, have whammy bars, skinny necks and big ol' giant frets.

eddiez152    129

Thanks folks,

And Thanks Strat !

You mean I own a shedders type of guitar ? Well, there's a first for everything. Does appear to have somewhat larger fretts on it.

My plans are to do modifications to it revolving around the Floyd Rose setup.

The guitar feels pretty nice and neck is smoothe.

Anybody got a good sound bite on the wheedlie type sound ?

eddiez152    129

allthumbs,

Thanks for the Perfecto vid. Young man is impressive. I guess now I should know what to expect out of my Floyd. Maybe not from me, but sure sounds great.

Apparently he thought they were pretty darn good too to order so many.

UshiZ    0

I still can't get over the funky top where its got the nifty hollow area and the way the strings are hooked up at the top there. And you are right, mom hears sale and thats pretty much the end of the conversation as she uses that ALL the time. "well it was on sale so..."

UshiZ    0

i like your new guitar especially how it looks. Craig LOVES your guitar. Your guys obsession over these guitars is entertaining, humorous and to the point where I hear "I got a new guitar" is making me go "guys calm down with all the guitars."