qb punk

sorry if youve covered this.

qb punk    0

Hi peeps. Just got myself a tanglewood semi acoustic. Im a total beginner so i took my friend to the shop to buy it and it sounded awesome. I was given some new strings with it and after fitting them the guitar really sounds awful now. nothing like the same tone and clarity, and some buzz. It looks lke the action shifted to be honest. Is this normal. Is it to do with a different gauge strings. Please help me to get my guitar sounding gorgeos again. Thanks in advance:helpsmili

I would see what strings come stock on a Tanglewood. I'm guessing you got it new? The store probably tossed in a different brand and it sounds like a different gauge. If you're getting buzzing that means you probably put on a lighter set w/lower tension than what was on there. It could be the guitar came with a light gauge set, most do, and they gave you an extra light or ever silk & steel set to make it easier on your fingers. A truss rod adjustment will solve the buzzing or go back to the original gauge of strings. Do you at least know what the strings are that just got put on it?

qb punk    0

thanks for quick reply.. Im not sure what gauge they were because my buddy fitted them, but i seem to remeber him saying they were very thin. is this just a case of going back to a thicker gauge. I didnt really have any probs playing it before. I was just advised to changge them coz they had been on a while( starting to wonder why i bothered changing them now ...lol)