eddiez152

My Recording setup

Thanks Todd, I figure there were plenty of times when you've seen the office. On one occasion it looked like this, and this is the second.

Mick, thanks to YouToo. I love that !

Fly, I have no choice they made me do it.

Steve thanks too and you know how I feel about this Maple. Hopefully sounds good in the recordings.

JayJay I eat'em like candy.

Coldethyle, diredigits thanks too for your comments. I would think that we are all proud of our setups.

Second, how do you "wrap" your cords? Remember, cable has memore. A lot of people wrap the cords by holding them in their hand and winding them around their elbow. Bad idea, and it damages the cables much more easily. I don't think that you do this. If you do, take the time to hold the cable in one had and let it loop naturally under your hand. It will easily take on the shape that it had when you purchased it. This helps with tanglin, as they then lay neatly in a pile.

Even using this method is not the "best" way (but still much better than over the elbow). The best way to wrap cables is called "over under". Instead of trying to explain it in words, here is a video tutorial I just found on youtube.

YouTube - Cable Wrap

I occasionally work for a performance art company that puts on a lot of concerts doing load in and load out for the bands and you are required to use over under for wrapping cables. When they ask you to start wrapping cables the first thing they do is ask if you know over under.

It takes some practice, but it's worth it. You're cables will thank you for it. :D

-tkr

Even using this method is not the "best" way (but still much better than over the elbow). The best way to wrap cables is called "over under". Instead of trying to explain it in words, here is a video tutorial I just found on youtube.

YouTube - Cable Wrap

I occasionally work for a performance art company that puts on a lot of concerts doing load in and load out for the bands and you are required to use over under for wrapping cables. When they ask you to start wrapping cables the first thing they do is ask if you know over under.

It takes some practice, but it's worth it. You're cables will thank you for it. :D

-tkr

¬°Muy excellente!

Eddie, that is disgusting! How can any self respecting musician expect to be creative in an environment that is that neat and tidy?

Attached is a pic of how it should look!

5829.attach

Eddie, that is disgusting! How can any self respecting musician expect to be creative in an environment that is that neat and tidy?

Yes, that's much better! That's an environment I could walk into and feel right at home. :winkthumb:

-tkr

LOL - Now it looks like mine :yeahhh:

:laughingg: :laughingg: :laughingg: :laughingg:

Stay clean Eddie - it is such a nice feeling!

Do not give in to the badgering of these slobs!

And yeah, I think you need a ribbon mic too!