eddiez152

My Recording setup

eddiez152    129

This is my current setup for recording. Waiting for new mixer to come in.

Mics - Sterling Audio ST55 Condenser mic

MXL OO6 USB Condenser mic

AGK C 420 PP Micro Mic

Two more Dynamic mics Radio Shack

Interface:Lexicon Omega Interface - M Audio Fast Track - Tube MP Studio V3 - Fire Box - Line 6 Pocket Pod.

Speakers: Rokit powered 6SE

Vox AD50VT

Head set: Bose

Keyboards: Gem Products Genesys S - Yamaha PRS 730 - M Audio Keystation 49

Guitars: Plenty acoustic - acoustic electric - electric

Mixer: On its way

Computers: Mac and PC

Just learning how to do this stuff.

5815.attach

5816.attach

5817.attach

mattz196    15

Looks great to me Eddie , love the acoustic guitar listing "plenty" am a little concerned that it appears that to be a great player you need to be neat and tidy though !

krissovo    0

NICE!!!!!

When my setup grows I would love one like that! What software do you use on the MAC? Is garage band any good if you use that, I quite like the look of it so it might be the way for me to move forward.

eddiez152    129

Mattz,

I hate wires. They are the only thing on the plant that get caught in everything. You can drag one on an empty floor, and believe me it will find a place to catch.

That's really a nice set-up, eddiez. (I don't even have a mic)

I agree with mattz196...too tidy, lol. My area doesn't look that good even right after I clean it. Loose, dangling wires and chords keep me alert in the mornings before that first cup of coffee takes effect.

eddiez152    129

Because I have this at my office and frequent customers on a regular basis I need to keep it tidy so to speak. However, when the business day is done look out, I'm tripping over the same wires everone else is.

Tekker    1

That's a really nice looking setup there, I love how the speakers are the exact same color as your computer monitor. But what we can't see in that picture is the mess of wires tangled up behind the VOX. LOL :D

I actually got a really cool idea off of one of those room makeover shows (don't remember the name) but they were doing a computer room and put this wire coil thing on the back side of the desk to run wires through and keep them from dangling underneath the computer desk. So I rigged something up with an old bike lock cable (the coiled kind) and stretched it a good length behind my desk, and looped all my wires through it. It looks really good except I had to keep the power cables on the floor so they don't interfere with the audio cables. But it's 110% better than what it was.

-tkr

diredigits    0

Your recording setup is sweet and neat Eddie. I'm going to start cleaning up my space today. Maybe if I kept my space neat my wife would be more receptive to purchases. Worth a try, don't you think?

eddiez152    129

OK, here's the wires. No matter how well you wrap them, they will be in a knot when ready to use ! I'll take bets !

Thats all for the comments.

5823.attach

Aunt Doty    0

eddie, I'm expecting to hear some great recording form you! I'm interested in the keyboard site you posted, but only if it comes with the player!:laughingg:

Love those guitars and recording station!

eddiez152    129

Thanks for your replies folks.

Aunt doty, you can put an mp3 file on it and let it play if you like.

And play along with the file if you choose.

First of all - I've cleaned that office in the past, and I can assure you that it is not ALWAYS that tidy.:) Although I will admit, on my last adventure there I had discovered that Dad was becoming a little more of a neat freak.

Second, how do you "wrap" your cords? Remember, cable has memore. A lot of people wrap the cords by holding them in their hand and winding them around their elbow. Bad idea, and it damages the cables much more easily. I don't think that you do this. If you do, take the time to hold the cable in one had and let it loop naturally under your hand. It will easily take on the shape that it had when you purchased it. This helps with tanglin, as they then lay neatly in a pile.

Third, great setup Dad! Again, I am just excited to see you express in some new ways the creative, artistic side of who you are. No deadlines for the creativity. Just the enjoyment of playing and having fun!