Tekker

Gas! Gas! Gas!

Are any of these raven west guitars good for modern rock tone? Or are they all primarily blues/jazz guitars... if not, LINK ME!!! In 2 months (50 bucks or so every week) I could get one of these babies.. and of course I'll stick it on my debit and buy online that way... glad I have a visa debit so my parents don't know what I'm spending money on... but when it arrives...... ummmmm..... gonna have to hide a gutiar :)

EDIT: Just looked and like their red 1000Q model... anyone here have a sound sample of it? Doubt it but hey who knows.

The designer once told me that the lower end stuff was ok but, the upper end stuff, like the above, can hold their own with much higher priced guitars. Even the less expensive Ravens give a great bang for the buck compared to most other guitars in that price range.

Tekker,

That is the G450 hollow body right ?

Yes, that's the G450.

Are any of these raven west guitars good for modern rock tone? Or are they all primarily blues/jazz guitars...

It definitely sounded great when we gave it some distortion. This is a very versatile guitar. It does mellow bluesy/jazzy tones and it also takes distortion very well.

EDIT: Just looked and like their red 1000Q model... anyone here have a sound sample of it? Doubt it but hey who knows.

No samples, I've tried to find sound samples of the Raven Wests and can't find any. Other than the couple they have on the site of the G450, I haven't been able to find any other samples.

Here is a page of reviews for the 1000Q though:

Raven RMS 1000 Q: Harmony Central User Reviews

That one seems to get great reviews also. :winkthumb:

-tkr