starsailor

Want to convert Reaper Files to MP3

Hi guys, I need to convert my Reaper files so I can put them on this computer, so I want to convert to Mp3 or whatever you can recommend, is Lame the only free converter I can use for this?

If someone could recommend a reliable site to download a converter from I'd be very grateful.:yes:

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

I import my Reaper wav files into Audacity and then save as mp3's. Not an elegant way, but...

If you put the lame .dll file into the Reaper home you are supposed to be able to save as mp3, but I haven't had success with that as of yet.

Thanks Knight is it much hassle doing it that way, wont be any problem putting Audacity on. What problem did you have with Reaper and Lame or is it that they just aren't that compatible?

If you use Reaper from cockos then you must download FREE lame encoder, place them in your REAPER folder and when youwant to "render" file then you choose render to MP3 from popup menu.

dejankuki,

When I place the dll for lame in the Reaper folder, I still get a message that I have to have that file for mp3 export. Is there a particular file to place the dll?

Thanks for the input.

dejankuki and Chris,

Just went into Reaper and associated the lame.dll file in the main folder for Reaper. Went into Preferences and set save as mp3 and imported a wav file. I edited the file and the file was saved as an mp3.

Thanks for the assistance.

Hope I help

Yes definitely Dejankuki brilliant.

Good to see that works now Knight46, I'm sorted now as well so good result all round, hope you're both well and thanks for the posts

:winkthumb::smilinguitar::claping:

Best Wishes

Chris