Guitarfreak17

Help I'm a beginner

I have had my guitar since Christmas but I'm still a beginner. Whats the best way to learn how to play the guitar? I could really use some help and advice would be good too. Right now I'm so frustrated :brickwall:

BTW I play the acoustic guitar

justinthyme    3

Welcome, friend. Have you thought about a teacher ... well worth the investment.

For a supportive and friendly guitar environment, on the other hand - you found it!

pamelody    0

Hey Guitarfreak (great user name) by the way, if you're like most of us starting out you 'freak' out you're not getting there fast enough. Take it easy and the more you practice, eventually your fingers and the muscle memory thing will fall into place. At least your in good company!:brickwall:

starsailor    20

You will have a good start following Allthumbs link, my parents wouldn't even buy me a guitar, guitarfreak, any advice you need is on here so enjoy the learning curve.

No$leep    0

I practice at least an hour a day, sometimes for two hours. I have only been playing for a month and I already know a couple of songs.

What I am trying to say is that if your parents wont get you a teacher then you need to be a little more self efficient and teach yourself. Heck Jimi Hendrix was self-taught, of course he was surrounded by alot of talent. The moral of the story is practice makes perfect and its all about who you know.

Keep up the enthusiasm though, you'll get there soon enough.

geitenvla    0

Starting out on player guitar, sigh... that brings back memories. Anyhow, just go with the flow. It takes a considerable amount of time to get the basics down. You can take a go with a teacher, but I think you can figure out a great deal yourself. For example, try some simple chords like E - A - C etc. I think that is how most players started... The guitar is very friendly and forgiving as there are always a couple of options to solve a problem.

Take a look at the beginner guitar lessons on this forum, I think these can be very helpful. But what ever you do: don't force yourself, keep it ligth and above all HAVE FUN!

milorad    0

dejane covece kako si moje user ime je milorad.pa i srba ima u ovom forumu svaka cast.moje user ime je milorad.ja zivim u engleskoj.javi se da se dopisujemo.i naravno da razmenimo misljenja o gitari.se najbolje