krissovo

I got gas. New Tele for £41

Stratrat    0

Great review, Kriss. From your pics, it looks like you're not the only one who admires it! ;) That finish does look very nice - a real head-turner! Sounds like a great deal to me - I'll bet you can get that fret issue sorted pretty easily at a local shop.

Fly - thanks for the info on your project, lots of good info. I'd read on the Tele board that a drill press was pretty much a "must-have" for doing a string-thru project.....I might hold off until I can either pick one up or use somebody's.

krissovo    0
Great review, Kriss. From your pics, it looks like you're not the only one who admires it! ;)

She does thank god, it has paved the way for a couple more guitars from Wesley. :smilinguitar:

fly135    5

I'd say a drill press makes it easier, but with care not a necessity.

Krissovo, what's up with the E string and the 5th fret? Have you figured out what's deadening the sound?

starsailor    20

Thanks for going to the trouble to do the review Kriss, very comprehensive the plusses seem to outweigh the minuses and at that price it's a result, nice pics as well.

Nice job on the Affinity Fly135, thanks for posting the project description, what great members we have.

Cheers

Chris

krissovo    0
I'd say a drill press makes it easier, but with care not a necessity.

Krissovo, what's up with the E string and the 5th fret? Have you figured out what's deadening the sound?

I 2nd the thanks for your write up, I think I will give it a month or so and I will probably do the same for mine using your experience as a manual.

As for the sound issue, I cannot see anything untoward at all. I am going to rip the strings off tonight and place a straight edge along the frets. I actually think now that it is the 6th fret sitting slightly proud, I hope so then I should be able to sort it out myself.

krissovo    0
Thanks for going to the trouble to do the review Kriss, very comprehensive the plusses seem to outweigh the minuses and at that price it's a result, nice pics as well.

I will post some sound clips later, the proof is in the tone at the end of the day.

starsailor    20
Sorry for lack of sounds, my home PC's (both) are giving me trouble. I should have it resolved for the weekend.

Don't worry about it Krissovo, good luck with the troubleshooting, mine went wrong last week, it seems ok now but I'm sure it will have another funny five minutes I thought computers were supposed to make life easier :winkthumb: