somedayillplaywell

Songs that you hate and everyone else loves

Brucehum    0
Guitar shops should discontinue the "No Stairway" thing and start enforcing a "No Sweet Child" thing instead!!!

Thou hast asked, and thine prayers have been answered!

Both songs forbidden in a Denmark shop:

6155.attach

note: here in Spain, there is a guitar shop that forbids:

-Stairway to Heaven

-Smoke on the Water

-Tears in Heaven

hb    0

Some idiotic song that was popular several years ago, they sing something about "someone left the cake out in the rain". Don't even know the title. I just cringe when I hear that song starting up. UGGGGGG!~!!!

hb

starsailor    20
Some idiotic song that was popular several years ago, they sing something about "someone left the cake out in the rain". Don't even know the title. I just cringe when I hear that song starting up. UGGGGGG!~!!!

hb

That's McCarthur Park hb, Richard Harris that great Actor talked his way through the original version and Donna Summer Did a cover of it at the end of the seventies, the Cake apparently had a certain illegal substance in it and the song I believe is something to do with the end of flower power/Hippies sort of an end of era thing, it is a bit of a wierd one though. You probably won't want to read this, the guy who wrote it also wrote Up Up and Away in my beautiful balloon that songs also a bit annoying.:winkthumb:

MacArthur Park by Richard Harris Songfacts

hb    0
That's McCarthur Park hb, Richard Harris that great Actor talked his way through the original version and Donna Summer Did a cover of it at the end of the seventies, the Cake apparently had a certain illegal substance in it and the song I believe is something to do with the end of flower power/Hippies sort of an end of era thing, it is a bit of a wierd one though. You probably won't want to read this, the guy who wrote it also wrote Up Up and Away in my beautiful balloon that songs also a bit annoying.:winkthumb:

MacArthur Park by Richard Harris Songfacts

Thanks for the info! I guess I never listened to it long enough to understand it!

hb

starsailor    20

The Richard Harris version is certainly a candidate for one of the most boring songs hb, most people fell asleep before it finished and the rest had eaten too much cake to care what it was about.

Mind you the Award for worst song done by an Actor must be William Shatners version of Lucy in the sky with diamonds, don't know if you heard it but he did a whole Album of covers in the sixties they were bad, painful and hilarious all at the same time:)

si16    10

I've always loved MacArthur Park but I'm a sucker for big production numbers. I'm particularly fond of the uptempo middle section that 'borrows heavily' from the Pearl & Dean cinema advertising theme. And no, I don't have a clue what it's about either.

Incogtonito    0
Stairway to Heaven

Its a song for sheep , lets all follow along now

**yuck**

Its one song I will never learn to play

If you don't like the song, fine. There's no need to insult the people that do, though.

coldethyl    0
If you don't like the song, fine. There's no need to insult the people that do, though.

I love Stairway To Heaven, but I really don't think that Hilch was intentionally insulting anyone by his comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the fact that some people love a certain song and some don't, is freedom of choice. Freedom of choice is still something that we all have access to and hasn't been taken from us just yet, thank goodness.:yes:

98Bones    0

Being as this is a guitar site I imagine this post will alienate just about everybody, heh heh...

First I totally agree with the Freebird entry, I only listen to the first part now and then to chuckle at the 'profound' lyrics

Second 'Layla'... sorry, I'd rather listen to four minutes of dentist drill than the whiny crying guitar at the end, plus knees/please lyrics are almost as trite as fire/desire