somedayillplaywell

Songs that you hate and everyone else loves

Hilch    0

I have always said those who mention "Abba " actually deep down did like them :):)

So what was it Skinny " Waterloo " ? "Ring Ring " ?

LMAO .....:P

starsailor    20

To be honest I never really liked Yellow Submarine, I always think it sounds like a song that would pop up on Sesame Street or Balamory but I think the Beatles were probably away with the Fairies when they wrote so it's forgivable.

Ellenback1    0

Um, anything by Oasis...yep! And according to my (ahem, younger) bf, THEY are the BEST rock band in the world? ...GRRRR...

Ok, he agrees with me that Pink Floyd gets that designation, but still...LOL

"What's the STORY MORNING GLORY?" whine whine whine....I hate whining in a song, don't you?

Elle

starsailor    20

Theres nothin much crapper

Than a wannabe rapper

Hate that stuff

All sexist an blingin

Gotta go now

Mums takin me swimmin

Is that the kind of thing you mean WitchyWoman

eddiez152    129

Can't handle most rap crap !

Most ABBA eccept for maybe 3 tunes !

Most Beatles, unless its orchestra work done by someone else and no singing !

Heavy metal noise or punk ! ---- we ain't talkin about guitar dexterity, were talking about noise.

AX7221    0

I'm sure this site is constantly changin, but I gave a look just now and I didn't like any of the music on there, and hated most of it: here

On a side note: I've always heard that "Dark Side of the Moon" was on the billboard list for a long time, but look at this

coldethyl    0
I'm sure this site is constantly changin, but I gave a look just now and I didn't like any of the music on there, and hated most of it: here

Yep me too! Out of the top 50, I could only find three that I liked....Paul McCartney, The Police, and Velvet Revolver.

starsailor    20

On a side note: I've always heard that "Dark Side of the Moon" was on the billboard list for a long time, but look at this

Yes it is pretty dire AX7221, only checked the top 20, it looks like the mass marketing Gurus are on the March preying on the younger market with things like Hannah Montana, and another compilation with mediocre fillers that no ones heard of. Thanks for the Pink Floyd link that was more interesting it's amazing that the Albums still going strong so many decades after it's release but it is a classic:)

I want to add "I Hope You Dance" by LeAnn Womack....The more people(my wife and other women, usually) told me what a great song it was and that I was just missing the point. The MORE I HATED the song. I got it, I just thought it was stupid!!!!!!!!

Brian

Stratrat    0

Speaking of the Billboard charts, mass marketing and mediocre filler....I can't stand ANYTHING by Bon Jovi that they try to pass off as "country" music. Most of their pop-rock stuff was mediocre at best (IMO), and now that they're washed up in that genre they figure they'll put a little (VERY little) twang in it and call it country.....yeccchhhh.

... Sting - Fields of Gold.. and indeed most of Stings work. >_>

+1. I liked Sting in the very early days of The Police (i.e. Outlandos d'Amour, Reggatta de Blanc).....after that he tried to become a "Renaissance Man", and most of it was mushy pop drivel (again, IMO.)

starsailor    20

Anything that Simon Cowell gets involved in, all you get is a naff Christmas no.1 and they seem to disappear without trace. He just ties the artist up in a contract that stops them performing their own material and can't get out of for years, the ones that last a little longer end up releasing an Album of cover versions that Cowells used a hundred times before, (don't think I could cope with another version of unchained melody) he just bleeds the Artists dry then throws them on the scrapheap.