somedayillplaywell

Songs that you hate and everyone else loves

scotty_b    16

For my fellow Australians - Khe Sahn. I tell people at gigs now that I have never heard of it, Jimmy Barnes or Cold Chisel when it is requested at gigs.

Stratrat    0
Difficult to say, as I have no idea what everyone else seems to love, but - anything and everything by Celine Dion (no - that's not a title) :P

+1,000.

Same goes for Michael Bolton.

si16    10

'Imagine' by John Lennon. I hate the video even more. Seeing John Lennon and Yoko Ono sitting on that piano stool together in their white clothes, smiling into the camera is enough to send me into a fit of apoplexy.

Not the most popular opinion I've ever expressed I'm sure, I know many people revere this song but I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

'Imagine' by John Lennon. I hate the video even more. Seeing John Lennon and Yoko Ono sitting on that piano stool together in their white clothes, smiling into the camera is enough to send me into a fit of apoplexy.

Not the most popular opinion I've ever expressed I'm sure, I know many people revere this song but I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

Agree 100%

Brian

starsailor    20

Umbrella - By Rhianna it's been number one for 10 weeks over here, UMBRELLA, UMBRELLA UMBRELLA UMBRELLA, That's all she keeps saying, think she's from the U.S. can you take her back please.

wjp01908    0

This is probably heresy on this site but I actually can`t stand most stuff by Led Zeppelin. Mostly Plant`s vocals I think.

I`ll get me coat

Will

(ps. I know what you mean starsailor - especially when the kids start singing along and on and on.....)

starsailor    20
No I particularly like the bit where she's run out of things to rhyme with umberella, so she just sings Umberella ella ella ella ella :laughingg:

I suppose thats a novel way of getting around rhyming problems.....mmmm Secret ecret ecret ecret

I think she lifted it from Don't stand so close to me by the Police. You're right Youtoo it hasn't stopped raining, the suns come out now so the songs reign should come to an end, unless she brings out the summer remix My Parasol, Parasol, Parasol, Parasol, Parasol, Parasol.:yes:

Stratrat    0
I think she lifted it from Don't stand so close to me by the Police....

Only thing worse is "The Breakup Song" by the Greg Kihn Band.....end every verse with "Aw aw aw, aw aw aw aww awwwwww", and you can make anything rhyme! :D

starsailor    20

What about those songs that have dances with them, Superman by Black Lace, The Birdie Song by the Tweets or Tragedy by Steps for example, I don't know about you guys but I've been to many Family Weddings where we have a few drinks and then the DJ puts these on and everybody dances to them, the sight of my parents doing the Birdie song still haunts me.

scorpius    0

"So Lonely" by The Police. Looks like they're doing some falsetto? You would not recognize that it was them singing unless you see the video.

Hilch    0
Hey Jude.

Your not alone there Clancy , my sisters' name is Judy and she would be late 50's now and hates that song with a passion ..

My brother sings it at every BBQ ......

Sister Judy usually goes to the bath room when she hears that first chord and little laugh from my brother ..

:)