Kirk's Master Lessons

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,243 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:28 AM

I've started an ongoing series of 'Master Lessons', sounds pretentious I know, but I can't think of a better term. They're going to be either finger style or slide and will be available only as down-loadable paid lessons for the 'beyonds' here.

They're in PDF format, with two great big high res movies in the usual format with the virtual fretboard, one full speed, the other half. Everything else will be there too: the two midi files (full and half speed) the tab and notation, the mp3, commentary and GP5 file for those who have Guitar-Pro. They come in at around 30Mbs worth and they're $15.

The first in the series is Maple Leaf Rag by Scott Joplin. I've started a new forum where I'll post the descriptions and you watch and listen to the difficulty level and order. I'll add new ones when I get the chance and I'm open to suggestions. Just remember the copyright issues. Joplin rags are OK because they're in the Public Domain.

Check out Master Lesson #1 here: Maple Leaf Rag

#2 OFFLINE   Europa

Grand Member

• Active Members
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

This will probably be quite enjoyable for the beyonds here at GFB&B. I think it will offer some more challenging stuff for them rather than always listening to us beginners ask all the questions. ;)

Looks quite advanced for me though, but like I said, I think this will be a very good addition to the site especially for the beyonds round 'ere. :D

Thanks for adding yet another guitar lesson to the site Kirk. :thumbup1:
I miss the comfort in being sad

#3 OFFLINE   Jason

• Active Members
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 29-October 04

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:12 AM

Hey Kirk,

As usual you are keeping things fresh and always growing and innovating.

I love the masters lesson idea!

This is truly THE BEST guitar site on the net.

Jason

#4 OFFLINE   allthumbs

• Active Members

• 16,550 posts
  • Joined 11-February 05

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

Very nice.

#5 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,010 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

Kirk,
Super lesson and format.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#6 OFFLINE   AX7221

• Active Members
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 03-June 06

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:56 AM

Kirk Lorange said:

I've started an ongoing series of 'Master Lessons', sounds pretentious I know, but I can't think of a better term.

I wouldn't worry about the name, it's not pretentious if you're calling it what it is, plus I won't feel bad about not being able to play it :winkthumb:
If you learn how to play songs, then you learn songs. If you learn how to improvise, then you learn music.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users