DonalN

Show me your Strap!

Hilch    0
You hurt us vegans lol. But to me, what u eat/use is personal matter. I don't dis non vegans. I was just joking lol

I thought this tread was about guitar straps

NOT who is a vegan ....

Thats your own personal choice please don't throw your personal choices into my face ..

Not appreciated one little bit .

And I don't find it funny ..

Noodler    1
I think the car seatbelt guitar straps are a nice idea, but don't have one though. :)

Try one if you want, but no-one I know who's had one has liked it. The guitar can slip all over the place.

I like Camel suede, but the Kangaroo sounds cool for an acoustic. I wonder if I can buy one anywhere? They sell kangaroo stuff at Southbank Markets in Brisbane, so maybe they'd make me one. Or Hilch, do you e-bay? I'd buy one from you.:winkthumb:

pastorbob    0

The top 2 straps are Peavey straps, and they are my favorites. They are suede/nylon straps, and I like them because the suede keeps the guitar in place, and it's still a very light strap. I find that straps made only out of nylon let my guitars slip too much.

The bottom strap is a Fender strap that I like to use on my acoustic guitars even though it's a heavier suede, and it's stiffer (I suffer for looks with that one, but it probably still beats the dog chain for comfort LOL). I also have a white cotton strap that's not in the picture. I like it because it's also nice and light, it doesn't allow the guitar to slip, and it looks great with the blue Strat.

100_1723.jpg[/img]

Skrik    0

The seatbelt idea is appealing, but the idea of huge metal buckles knocking against the guitar body and neck has put me off. If they slip off the shoulder, my choice to avoid them is even more justified.

Europa    0

I want a completely white strap, but searching the net I can hardly find any. The ones I do find have like flowers and stuff on it. :crying2:

Aren't there any plain white straps out there? :dunno:

Lcjones    8

Wow....

Well, I don't have pictures but .... there is a Red Wing Shoe/Boot factory over in the next county. One of the guys there takes scrap shoe leather and makes 2.5" wide adjustable guitar straps and sells them for 5 bucks a pop. An incredible deal. I have a couple of them. You can't touch a quality 2.5" leather guitar strap for under 25.00 bucks anywhere.

starsailor    20
I want a completely white strap, but searching the net I can hardly find any. The ones I do find have like flowers and stuff on it. :crying2:

Aren't there any plain white straps out there? :dunno:

Hi Europa this guys pretty cool, it's a bass strap in the picture if you like a wide one but he also does other sizes, he'll even customize it for you just tell him what you want, hope this helps:winkthumb:

3" 77mm WIDE, SNOW WHITE 58" LEATHER BASS,GUITAR STRAP on eBay, also Straps, Accessories, Guitars, Musical Instruments (end time 19-Feb-08 10:44:54 GMT)

Yeah, the one that steve vai uses. Similar to the one I have. but it requires slight modification to install.

ThunderForge, why dont you consider decorating it like mine?

Never thought of that! :hammers: lol

JessThrasher    10

Ya, if youre not into metal, consider a differnt type of decoration than I did. I think that those spikes and patches got me turned away by the community jazz band if the aggressive metal axe ain't enough!

JessThrasher    10
Hi Europa this guys pretty cool, it's a bass strap in the picture if you like a wide one but he also does other sizes, he'll even customize it for you just tell him what you want, hope this helps:winkthumb:

3" 77mm WIDE, SNOW WHITE 58" LEATHER BASS,GUITAR STRAP on eBay, also Straps, Accessories, Guitars, Musical Instruments (end time 19-Feb-08 10:44:54 GMT)

If you're like me, and want some thing more animal friendly. Or you just like the feel of nylon better, something like this: http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72700819.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CC300C081D9F47003757CB8A305230C4F95905E267378B82A55A1E4F32AD3138

I got my blue one of that type on Musiciansfriend for 17 some thing dollars US. but now they're on sale...

Buy DiMarzio 2-Inch Nylon ClipLock Guitar Strap online at Musician's Friend

Ya, if youre not into metal, consider a differnt type of decoration than I did. I think that those spikes and patches got me turned away by the community jazz band if the aggressive metal axe ain't enough!

I'm 100% into metal. That's pretty much all I play. Heheh :)

JessThrasher    10

Yeah, then consider adding some spikes and patches! You don't have to use al those patches I added. You might not like the same bands as me 100%. And plus, decoration of any sorta in my opinion is personal.

Rockerbob    47

I have an old (early 1970s) with peace signs and doves.  Its not in great shape but has many, many hours on it, 40 some years ago.

My favorites are leather and usually black.  The guitars play regularly have black leather straps.  The odd man out is the brown/tan leather on my bass.

Then there are extras I've collected over the years.  I gave away a bunch, but still have some in a drawer.

guitar straps - 6.jpg

guitar straps - 3.jpg

guitar straps - 4.jpg

guitar straps - 5.jpg

guitar straps - 1.jpg

guitar straps - 2.jpg

Clancy    36
17 hours ago, Rockerbob said:

I have an old (early 1970s) with peace signs and doves.  Its not in great shape but has many, many hours on it, 40 some years ago.

My favorites are leather and usually black.  The guitars play regularly have black leather straps.  The odd man out is the brown/tan leather on my bass.

Then there are extras I've collected over the years.  I gave away a bunch, but still have some in a drawer.

Nice!