DonalN

Show me your Strap!

Howye!

I was bored in work tonight so I decided to search for a new guitar strap for my new Strat. There are some good sites out there, but none really caught my eye. At the moment I only have one strap , and it's now mostly on the Strat, but if I want it on the acoustic, I have to swap it over.

One question I have question is, do you put careful thought into the straps you buy for your guitars, or are you bothered about what's holding up that precious piece of wood while you twang away?

And if you like, post up a pic of your strap - I might get some inspiration!!

Cheers,

D.

I love straps. I always hit the strap rack, even though 95% of the time I have already seen them all. For acoustics, I love the patterns I remember on guitar straps in the 1970s, so I am always looking for straps that remind me of those.

My straps:

Top: Levy's, I bought this strap because the one that came with my starter kit was very short and it was cheap and long. Aesthetically it's okay.

Middle: Planet Waves, this goes on my Seagull. I like it a lot.

Bottom: LM, for the Telecaster for the moment, I couldn't help myself, it was pretty amusing. I want something nicer eventually.

This Winter, if I am a good boy, I will buy myself an archtop semi-hollow of some sort. When I do, I want to get this strap: http://www.eyelandenterprises.com/images/straps/A-DeVille.jpg

5456.attach

I love straps. I always hit the strap rack, even though 95% of the time I have already seen them all. For acoustics, I love the patterns I remember on guitar straps in the 1970s, so I am always looking for straps that remind me of those.

My straps:

Top: Levy's, I bought this strap because the one that came with my starter kit was very short and it was cheap and long. Aesthetically it's okay.

Middle: Planet Waves, this goes on my Seagull. I like it a lot.

Bottom: LM, for the Telecaster for the moment, I couldn't help myself, it was pretty amusing. I want something nicer eventually.

This Winter, if I am a good boy, I will buy myself an archtop semi-hollow of some sort. When I do, I want to get this strap: http://www.eyelandenterprises.com/images/straps/A-DeVille.jpg

Sting wants his guitar strap back.

Not that fussed really - plain black nylon does it for me as long as it`s wide enough to be comfortable.

If you value your "precious piece of wood" though, you really want to get some strap locks on it.

Will

My favorite I've only seen at Sam Ash. It's $25 and I have two of them. It's a very wide strap made out of cotton (I think). Very comfortable and grips your shoulder to keep your guitar from shifting.

5458.attach

I Like leather straps,but can anyone tell me if there is a strap lock manufactured for those oversized strap buttons that serve as a plug in jack also.

I think the car seatbelt guitar straps are a nice idea, but don't have one though. :)

I've got a brown Ibanez strap for my acoustic and two others I got from the local luthier. :D

Those are mine... I use all three of 'em. The two studded ones are my favourites on live occasions, but I mostly use that purple one, primarily because it's so gorgeous, but also because I can adjust it to any length I want, which is not possible with the other two.

5465.attach

5466.attach

Thanks for all the replies folks, and the pics - some nice ones there.

I think I'll treat myself on my days off.

I think it's going to be something wide on the shoulder, non-slip (if poss). Haven't decided on leather or other material yet.

Tell me something though - did you try them out in the shops to see how they feel before you bought them, or is that just a little bit over the top?

Thanks again,

D>

I got a black 2 1/2" padded leather strap from Italia Leather on Ebay. Literally "stole" it I got it so cheap. Most awesome strap I have seen for the money, at least as nice as Levy's best.

(Guitar Straps custom guitar straps Leather Guitar Straps, Bass Guitar Straps, Leather Guitar Straps, Custom Guitar Straps, custom leather guitar straps, leather guitar straps, Guitar Strap, Bass Strap, Leather Guitar Strap)

Being a strict vegan/vegetarian here with a strong disain for the usage of animal products. I just use a chain from my dog attached on with S hooks similar to how Zakk Wylde does. It DOES NOT hurt as bad as you think, even though my pain tolerence is quite good (if anyone already knows). Alittle ice on the side of your neck before you put the chain on also helps numb the spot.

Any of you vegan/vegetarians got a better idea for me? *sob sob* Please don't hate on me. Vegetarianism is personal to me, not religious. So no hate.

Edit: I also have the one that Steve Vai/ Joe Satriani/ Yngwie Malmsteen use. It's animal friendly because it attaches using a unique straplock system. But mine's covered in patches!

5537.attach

I'm just so dang glad someone cares about us misfits.

Yes...vegans and vegetarians can be mistfits sometimes.

They just care about your money honey :)

Fender Seat Belt Guitar Strap 0675006 - (item 130131987764 end time Aug-05-07 00:24:52 PDT)

I'm makin me one of those... A nice seat-belt guitar strap with a buckle on it! Except the seat-belt I salvaged is a maroon color.

Reminds me of the strap I have myself. ITs the exact same one Steve Vai and John Petrucci and many others used.

I have been trying to get a Kangaroo hide one , just for the Aussie Flavour ..

Just might have to make my own next time we go to the property ...

:)

There might be a market for them :):)

I have been trying to get a Kangaroo hide one , just for the Aussie Flavour ..

Just might have to make my own next time we go to the property ...

:)

There might be a market for them :):)

You hurt us vegans lol. But to me, what u eat/use is personal matter. I don't dis non vegans. I was just joking lol