BackToBlack

What would YOU buy with $1,000????

krissovo    0
What power output does your Roland amp have?

Reason I ask is, can you put say a VOX AC30 with a Marshall 15 watt amp? OR do you have to have amps with the same power output?

Both amps are 30w but the roland is much louder so all I do is adjust the volume to either bring the roland down or the Vox up.

What I did at the weekend was send the sterio output from the Zoom G7.ut into a sterio channel on my alesis mixer. The sterio output I then plug into the CD in or aux input on my amps so then the volume is controled by the mixer. I love the results that this method gets and I would think this would be different for two differnt rated amps.

The sound is awesome when I jam away!

scott58    0

A Dean Black Gold V and a Vox AD30 VT. That would just about come to a grand. You may be able to get a few song books also! Oh!! and make them throw in a few picks for free.

PhilUSAFRet    0

Sure like those Fat Strats, but would also have to look hard at a Schecter C-1. Would use my practice amp until I could afford an amp that was at least the equal my guitar. Trying to learn guitar alone, getting a G-Dec 30 to help make practice more fun. Getting a good guitar and amp when I can play well enough to justify.

Birddog    0

I'm going to generalize here since I really know nothing about whats what - I like the looks of Ibanez's stuff. something in a blonde maple or natural wood ,no paint- dbl humbucks, good sustain .I'm a wood guy -carpentry all your life will do that to you. Amps and stuff - I need to learn more so I can answer this better. I'm NO electrician.

Birddog    0

I looked it up -I agree with your choice. As far as a wood choice and appearance - then some of the accoutriments. Yes, yes, yes-tell me more about the ball bearing tremolo.

JessThrasher    10

Zero Resistance tremolo doesn't detune like a normal floating bridge does because it returns to the same zero point every time. EVEN WHEN A STRING BREAKS! And its designed to require less maintinence than the standard floating bridge.

Definitely you should have a Stonebridge .. I actually thought you needed a Stonebridge to be a full member. Really ...

I'd get me another cheap Indonesian squier -- SSH vintage modified Tele and blow the rest on a new bigsby arm with tele kit, gotoh tuners, graftek nut, and sweet setup. mmmmm.

Or a gretsch electromatic corvette.

Or .... that's enough drooling.

phil

Europa    0

I don't know exactly what I would get for a 1000 bucks.

All I know now is I'd like an all black (black guitar+black pickguard) Fender Strat and a decent (bigger) amp. :D

With a '51 you'd have a ton of change for an amp -- or better still ... hardware mods. I just love 'em for squiers. My "cheap" 51 now has a lace sensor holy grail in the front, tvjones classic in the bridge, new nut, bridge, and tuners. Sounds great. The mods cost 5 times as much as the guitar and it's still cheap. :)

With $1,000 I'd go straight to Avalon Music and buy a '65 Deluxe Reverb reissue. And with the change, I'd buy a cover for it.

Or...I'd go to the same store and buy one of the Fender Special Edition Telecasters with a mahogany body, spalted maple top, SD humbuckers and fixed neck. And a hardshell case.