BackToBlack

What would YOU buy with $1,000????

BackToBlack    0

If you had 1,000 big ones or the non-U.S. equivalent, and could only spend it in your favorite music store, what would you get?

I personally would buy and Arctic White Fender HSS Stratocaster with a Crate Amp and multi-effects pedal. A guy can dream can't he?

Hilch    0

Well I am guessing Charlotte is in the good ol USA

So your $1,000 to me is worth $ 1153.25 in Australian

And wouldn't you know it The guitar I would like to buy cost 3 times that amount ..

Isn't there a big sale on Squier '51 in the states at the moment ?

Squier '51 Review - Vintage Modified Squire

Squier 51

and

Buy Fender Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar online at Musician's Friend

You would have change for a amp

PepticDust    0
Well I am guessing Charlotte is in the good ol USA

So your $1,000 to me is worth $ 1153.25 in Australian

And wouldn't you know it The guitar I would like to buy cost 3 times that amount ..

Isn't there a big sale on Squier '51 in the states at the moment ?

Squier '51 Review - Vintage Modified Squire

Squier 51

and

Buy Fender Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar online at Musician's Friend

You would have change for a amp

Uh oh, his review has my favourite words "great guitar for the price."

I'd have to go with a Fender Mustang though.

mattz196    15

A Boot camp style lessons programme .( maybe I could turn it into a reality tv show.. "The band has spoken your playing is terrible please leave the stage")

Rockerbob    47

That's a tough one. $1000 US is not enough to buy any of the guitars I dream about. Maybe some supplies, or perhaps a decent mic. Maybe a couple sets of really good headphones. I might have to buy my buddy Carl an acoustic guitar since he stepped on his.

fly135    5
I would get a blem american delux strat at about 900, then hunt out the 2nd hand market for a effects unit and amp.

I just picked up a Digitech GNX2 for $75. I hooked it up to the MIDI interface and d/l'd the software to control it. It's an awesome unit. The software is what makes it really work well. It has two amp modeling channels that can be blended together. So if an amp model leaves you wanting then you can blend in another to round it out.

Other than that I'm about at the point where I don't know what I want anymore. Just more talent I guess.

Oh yeah, I guess I'd like to have cordless headphones and guitar hookup so I could play without getting tangled in wires.

coldethyl    0

A full member should have a Stonebridge shouldn't they???? Please say yes people, then I can tell hubby I neeeeeed it cos I'm a full member!

YES!

coldethyl    0
I just picked up a Digitech GNX2 for $75. I hooked it up to the MIDI interface and d/l'd the software to control it. It's an awesome unit. The software is what makes it really work well. It has two amp modeling channels that can be blended together. So if an amp model leaves you wanting then you can blend in another to round it out.

75 bucks! That certainly sounds like a bargain Fly.:yes: Just had a look on ebay at the GNX2 and it's selling new for around the $600.00 AUS dollar mark. It's loaded with effects and even has a learn-a-lick phrase trainer built in to it.

Well done Fly!:winkthumb:

I'd buy either my new jackson I've been looking at, or a marshall amp... and I'd get my guitar served and have 2 active pickups installed in it. $1000 would be exactly sufficient for that. ^^

fly135    5
75 bucks! That certainly sounds like a bargain Fly.

Whoops:oops: That should read... "GNX1"! I'm very happy with it. At first I was turned off by the presets. But as soon as I hooked up the midi cables and used the software I was thrilled.

fly135    5
What's it like?

You can make some really nice sounds with it. It has an SPDIF output and my Audigy has an input. I hear that you get a really clean low noise recording using it, so I'm gonna have to give it a try. The entire bass line and lead melody lines in the first half of my post Casi Azul was done with the GNX2 and my Epi Dot. The bass line effect was a preset that made the Dot sound really bassy. I'm not even sure what the FX chain was on that.

It has two channels of amp modeling and you can choose a mode that mixes both together. A very nice feature if you can't dial in the tone you want with one model. The GenEdit s/w makes it fun to explore settings. I've seen these go for around $100 on eBay including s&h. IMO a very good deal if you can get one.

coldethyl    0
You can make some really nice sounds with it. It has an SPDIF output and my Audigy has an input. I hear that you get a really clean low noise recording using it, so I'm gonna have to give it a try. The entire bass line and lead melody lines in the first half of my post Casi Azul was done with the GNX2 and my Epi Dot. The bass line effect was a preset that made the Dot sound really bassy. I'm not even sure what the FX chain was on that.

It has two channels of amp modeling and you can choose a mode that mixes both together. A very nice feature if you can't dial in the tone you want with one model. The GenEdit s/w makes it fun to explore settings. I've seen these go for around $100 on eBay including s&h. IMO a very good deal if you can get one.

Looks like you've got a winner there Fly! I love the idea of blending two channels. I've often thought of getting hold of an amp switcher and mix one amp with another to come up with a sound that tickles my fancy.

krissovo    0
Looks like you've got a winner there Fly! I love the idea of blending two channels. I've often thought of getting hold of an amp switcher and mix one amp with another to come up with a sound that tickles my fancy.

In my setup I use both my Vox and my roland from the sterio output on my new Zoom G7ut (€100 on buy and sell). I love it both amps have there own character and blended they sound awesome. I am now back firmly to multi effects, the zoom hooks up via midi and can be controled from my PC for ease of programing patches.

coldethyl    0
In my setup I use both my Vox and my roland from the sterio output on my new Zoom G7ut (€100 on buy and sell). I love it both amps have there own character and blended they sound awesome. I am now back firmly to multi effects, the zoom hooks up via midi and can be controled from my PC for ease of programing patches.

What power output does your Roland amp have?

Reason I ask is, can you put say a VOX AC30 with a Marshall 15 watt amp? OR do you have to have amps with the same power output?