Vinci 461 extra light for my Electric --you get a extra high E string the very skinny one

The Acustics have DAddario very very light guage

D`addario`s or ernie balls pretty much excusively - mostly because that`s what`s easy to find. I`ve never really put a set of strings on and thought "I don`t like those". New strings of whatever make pretty much always sound great to me. When they`ve been played in for a little while in any case.

10`s on the electric - 13`s on the acoustic

Will

:yes: Thanks s116 great poll thats what i wanted to do set up an options poll still getting y head round stuff.

Where about in Scotland you from?

I stay in Glasgow Malcolm.

DAddario EXP's. 12's(M) on the cedar top dread acoustic electric, 13's(custom Lt) on the spruce top acoustic. Tried Elixer lights on one spruce change, went right back to the 13's a few days later.

Whatever I have on hand at the moment. I have Fender Bullets on one electric, Ernie Balls on a couple others (skinny top / heavy bottom on the Teles), GHS Boomers on one, Elixirs on my Taylor acoustic (came with the guitar), D'Addarios on my other 6-string and 12-string acoustics. I currently have a box of D'Addario EXPs on hand, so those will be going on my acoustics for every string change until they're gone. Since they sound good and the cost is reasonable, I may stick with them after that. I haven't noticed a discernible difference in sound or string life from any particular brand yet.

D'addario's on my classical. Heavier gauge on the steel string (brand doesn't seem to matter). Haven't changed the strings on my electric, so I'm not sure yet.........only had it five years:blush: :blush: