Hilch    0

Vinci 461 extra light for my Electric --you get a extra high E string the very skinny one

The Acustics have DAddario very very light guage

wjp01908    0

D`addario`s or ernie balls pretty much excusively - mostly because that`s what`s easy to find. I`ve never really put a set of strings on and thought "I don`t like those". New strings of whatever make pretty much always sound great to me. When they`ve been played in for a little while in any case.

10`s on the electric - 13`s on the acoustic

Will

si16    10
:yes: Thanks s116 great poll thats what i wanted to do set up an options poll still getting y head round stuff.

Where about in Scotland you from?

I stay in Glasgow Malcolm.

GotDeeBlues    3

DAddario EXP's. 12's(M) on the cedar top dread acoustic electric, 13's(custom Lt) on the spruce top acoustic. Tried Elixer lights on one spruce change, went right back to the 13's a few days later.

Stratrat    0

Whatever I have on hand at the moment. I have Fender Bullets on one electric, Ernie Balls on a couple others (skinny top / heavy bottom on the Teles), GHS Boomers on one, Elixirs on my Taylor acoustic (came with the guitar), D'Addarios on my other 6-string and 12-string acoustics. I currently have a box of D'Addario EXPs on hand, so those will be going on my acoustics for every string change until they're gone. Since they sound good and the cost is reasonable, I may stick with them after that. I haven't noticed a discernible difference in sound or string life from any particular brand yet.

skinnybloke    4

D'addario's on my classical. Heavier gauge on the steel string (brand doesn't seem to matter). Haven't changed the strings on my electric, so I'm not sure yet.........only had it five years:blush: :blush: