__tsidewinder__

Ok, this is a weird poll...Do you see words/music in colours?

Do certain numbers have certain colours in your mind?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do certain numbers have certain colours in your mind?

• 1 is white
    • 2 is blue
    • 3 is green
    • 4 is purple
    • 5 is red
    • 6 is orange
    • 7 is yellow
    • 8 is navy blue
    • 9 is darker red
    • 10 is white
    • numbers don't have colours
    • they all match
    • none of them match

si16    10
"but they also discussed a famous composer who had it but I can't remember who."

Well, Apparantly there are a few notable musicians with the condition.

List of people with synesthesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for that. It was Liszt they were talking about, they told the story about how he asked for the orchestra to be more bluer.

I figure someone else on this forum will have it as well, I mean, 1/20 do according to your link.

You would think so. I've changed the name of the poll to try and get more responses.

r1p32    1
Thanks for that. It was Liszt they were talking about, they told the story about how he asked for the orchestra to be more bluer.

You would think so. I've changed the name of the poll to try and get more responses.

I remember watching a documentary on Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland and they said that Jimi often spoke of music in terms of colors(and the wind and the ocean). Or it could have been that movie about him...I remember his bandmates were complaining "we're musicians not painters".

(From the wiki article) "Synesthesia is also sometimes reported by individuals under the influence of psychedelic drugs.." Hm...

Well actually, I've always thought of colors with music too. Not so much numbers. One of my favorite things to do is just to lie down, close my eyes, play music and have it "paint a picture in my head". It gets great with instrumentals especially with classical music.

And no I've never touched drugs.

"Well actually, I've always thought of colors with music too. Not so much numbers. One of my favorite things to do is just to lie down, close my eyes, play music and have it "paint a picture in my head". It gets great with instrumentals especially with classical music"

What kind of picture do you get? Is it a real image, like say a woman in "american women", or is it a kaleidoscope of colour?

r1p32    1

[quote name=__tsidewinder__;148661

What kind of picture do you get? Is it a real image' date=' like say a woman in "american women", or is it a kaleidoscope of colour?[/quote]

No, they're not real images at all. Just like abstract colors while i'm listening to music. But when i think back to a song, thats when i associate it with usually one color.