SRChrono

Need Help Finding a Strat!

SRChrono    0

I know, but the Dean's necks look like they're smaller and I have fairly small hands. They're a little too big for my Duo Sonic but still work and the Strats seem almost a little too big.

Stratrat    0

Not all guitar players have long, skinny fingers and big hands. The neck of almost any guitar will feel big and clumsy to you until you get used to it and start getting your fingers stretched out through practice. Strat necks are generally slimmer/skinnier than Les Paul necks. My Strat's neck also feels noticeably slimmer than my Tele's - I can feel the difference when I switch between them.

You might want to try some of the "pointy" shredder guitars like Jackson, ESP, Ibanez, etc. - those supposedly have very skinny necks. However, most of them also use those huge extra-jumbo frets, which I'm not a fan of. They feel like big ol' speed bumps up and down the neck, and it's too easy to push notes sharp when fretting.

The bottom line is that you just need to play as many guitars as you can.....that's the only way you're going to be able to tell.

JessThrasher    10

I have small hands, thats why I have to use a shredder guitar even though I'm not always playing that sorta stuff. Most of the time you'lll see me jamming along to heavy metal rifts and leads but there is NO such thing as something thats JUST for one style.

SRChrono    0

There is an Ibanez S Presitge with all the trimmings up on ebay for 700$ that i was looking at but im not sure about buying a guitar off ebay. I've been considering the floyd rose fender stratocaster set up. this guitar is for experimenting on and getting ready for a band so i dont have to worry about restringing the thing on stage.

JessThrasher    10
There is an Ibanez S Presitge with all the trimmings up on ebay for 700$ that i was looking at but im not sure about buying a guitar off ebay. I've been considering the floyd rose fender stratocaster set up. this guitar is for experimenting on and getting ready for a band so i dont have to worry about restringing the thing on stage.

Can you link me to it so I can get a major GAS attack?