kaka

[Help]Amps and Guitar

G&L has started a "made in Korea" or other Asian country. (Which manufacturerer hasn't?) I would check them out. Their offshore make is very good.

Kaka,

at first i thought i wer being sarcastic

No sarcasm at all!! I think it's great when someone has a desire and works towards it. Goals are how people succeed!!

Now, on to the amps you were looking at. From personal knowledge of working on them (repair wise) and playing through them, even if just for a short while.... If you can afford it, go with

the Line 6. It's put together better than the Behringer.

Now, saying that, I probably need to qualify that statement. Line 6 designed their own stuff and build their own stuff. Or at least, most of it. But their Quality Control is much better. Behringer, well, their stuff is usually a close copy of someone else's stuff, then they bid it out to the lowest bidder. So, QC can be touch & go. I personally have had no problems with the three pieces of equipment of Behringer stuff, but I have talked to a few folks and right now, it's running about 50% good, 30% not good and 20% undecided.

But I'm still sticking by the idea of going into the store and spending as much time playing stuff before you spend any money. What you're doing now is excellent. Getting some ideas on some things, narrowing down the choices, then going and trying them.

best of luck!! And HAVE FUN!!!:smilinguitar:

I'd still choose a Roland Cube or Vox AD over the Line6 (and DEFINITELY over the Behringer) - but that's just me.

+1 I only sugested the Line6 if the variax was an option

I own both those amps and they are great, best bang for buck in my opinion

I'd still choose a Roland Cube or Vox AD over the Line6 (and DEFINITELY over the Behringer) - but that's just me.

+1 on the Vox, as usual. We keep recommending them, and people keep liking them.