Mr. SG

New Guitar

Mr. SG    0

im thinking about a new electric guitar so maybe you can help me choose.....

An Ephiphone Emperor Hollow Body

An Ephiphone Les Paul Standard Black

A Fender Strat(MIM)

allthumbs    8

Those guitars each have their own distinct sound. The hollow for jazz and bright sounding stuff. The strat for chimey tones like SRV or Pink Floyd. The Lp for warm fat tones like Led Zep.

jimmyzowens    2

i just bought the lp standard , vintage burst and i love it , i have several guitars including a strat , so i think it depends on what you wanna play i find the strat alot faster seems to have a narrower neck than the lp but the sound and sustain of the lp is amazing i love to have them both , hard choice for me i dont think i could choose , BUY EM BOTH LMAO ................:yeahhh: :yeahhh:

Mr. SG    0

buy me the hollow body and i will let you know how it plays and you can visit it every now and then!

lol! also i am going toward more ofa jazz sound so maybe i should try th e hollowbody... also arent lp's heavy?? i may not want that since im playing an SG, the lightest guitar made!! But hey maybe i can get used to it?

krissovo    0

Yep all different, if it was my only axe I would go with a Strat its quite versatile.

My heart would pick the LP but the hollowbody would not be very far behind.

Stratrat    0
...if it was my only axe I would go with a Strat its quite versatile...

Same here. An HSS Strat gives you even a little more versatility....you can tap into that fat LP sound a bit too, with a HB at the bridge.

Mr. SG - if you're leaning toward jazz, the hollowbody would be the logical choice.