Bluesyzep

My neck broke!

I'm done with all the prep but have spent the last week looking around for the approrpriate polish. According to the book I'm supposed to use Meguiars Mirror Glaze #4,2,9,7 in that order. I'll likely have to order it but am open to any recommended alternatives first.:helpsmili

I'm done with all the prep but have spent the last week looking around for the approrpriate polish. According to the book I'm supposed to use Meguiars Mirror Glaze #4,2,9,7 in that order. I'll likely have to order it but am open to any recommended alternatives first.:helpsmili

Man thats alot of product they expect you to buy :o

I would find an Automotive paint jobber and go there and tell them what type polyurethane your using ,and they will help you out alot .

If I was doing it , I would sand with water and 3000 grit paper ( this will darn near polish and you should only have to go straight to hand polishing .

This is how I buff my paint jobs , I machine sand with 1200 grit (dry) then go to machine sand with 3000 grit wet , and man it almost polishes the clear , only have to machine buff with polish ;):) I use 3M brand compound and polishes . These products should work well for you too .

3000 grit will not take off much clear , so you shouldnt have to worry about cutting it all off and going through . Then lots of clean rags ( Microfiber polishing rags / towels ) work the best . Oh and some good ol' elbow grease ;):)