JessThrasher

Do you cut your strings?

JessThrasher    10

A death metal guitarist isin't nothing without his (her in my case) uncut strings.

Its not just about death metal. Its also about being different like you said.

have fun with nursery rhymes though. While I"m listening to the metal version of them (Korn - Shoots and Ladders)

JessThrasher    10

And plus, I don't get how so many of them do it (the dangly ends thing) without them swinging around and unwinding the string? After someone telling me that, I decided to twist them up so they don't swing around and detune.

Hey, its not just metal players. Kenny Rogers had uncut strings. (or atleast my instructor told me he once did)

Its not just about death metal. Its also about being different like you said.

Just one question... How is being like everyone you idolize being different? To me it sounds like you're following suit of those you respect, that is far from being different. It's falling into line like almost everyone else on this planet does.

When people TRY to be different, they end up being the same. There is no reason for someone to be 'different', just be yourself. If you happen to be different, that's fine. Do what you like, as long it isn't disrespectful of others.

People get far too caught up in image. Oh I like this, so I HAVE to do this. No, you don't have to do diddly. All you HAVE to do is be yourself.

krissovo    0

I cut when I can, sometimes I lose my snips so I would roll them up but they have scratched the finish on my Les Paul in the past.

I dont follow any fashions I am just me and I do what I feel I like, I like to create my own image. At the moment I am trying to do the overweight, mid life crisis 30 something year old. I am doing it very well at the moment!

starsailor    20

I cut the strings on my best guitar but I left them hanging loose on my electro-acoustic that was until I nearly poked my mates eye out when he was showing me how to do something, now I cut them all and he feels more secure.