X4StringDrive

You can call me lucky:)

Heres my newest, just got it tonight...1952 Martin 5-18

needs the bridge reglued, has less knicks and scratches than my other accoustic. Unbelievable story{see glueing a bridge in the tech sub-forum}, thanks again to all "there" that offered their advise...Drinks are on me:guitardude:

75.00 {us}

[ATTACH]5339[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5340[/ATTACH]

$75......Bargain

How much are are these worth in A1 condition, thousands? I would take that to luthier and bring her back to formoer glory!

Did the guy know what he had?

daaaaannnnng......its a fake, you should sell it...i'll give you what you paid for it...you don't want a fake like that now do you?...you got ripped off....i will take it off your hands out of the kindness of my heart...

You'll have to post some music from it when you get all repaired. I bet it sounds great. Little guitars can sound awesome and the 12 fret to the body means that the bridge is set in a better place to give tone. Looking forward to hearing it.

dude i am telling you...that guitar will bring you nothing but misery...ship to me....shhhiiiippppp iiiiitttttt ttooooo meeeeeeee....this isn't working on you is it....i didn't think so...well darn...fine you just enjoy it, see if i care.....

Hello Lucky, welcome to the forum.

LOL, After re-reading my post above yours...I sure sounded like a total n00b there, didn't I!!!

Billywhitebread....can't hurt trying can it. lol

OK, so I'm not as lucky as I thought.....I was a little scared of applying to much clamp pressure during the re-glue up , all I succeeded in was to re attach it with-out bringing it all the way down to the body....:crying2: So I've got an appointment today at 3:00pm with a local luthier from a shop I frequent and I'm gonna let him do it right. While surfing the Martin site I read a few things about having the neck re-set on older models...supposedly making them play better and not hurt re-sale value if professionally done, so I'll check into that with him as well. anyways here a little tidbit of it while I'll got the strings on it, please keep in mind my level of experience and the fact that this is a cheap mic and I'm not to sure on these strings, some Elixir's extra lights I had lying here. I'll post again when I get it back. Should of listened to the help in tech I recieved to begin with:hammers:

[ATTACH]5347[/ATTACH]

Nice one x4stringlucky, good decision on the Luthier always worth looking after a Martin, on a seperate note, I'm a Gardener by profession and I just have to compliment you on the condition of your flowerbeds they look great (apologies for straying from the subject). The guitar is a little beauty you are indeed a lucky man.