Ultimate Garage Band

Intonating your electric guitar or bass

Guest johnny64   
Guest johnny64

great intonation nostalgia UGB ! I ran off a bunch of copies to feed some of my students who may need them. Keep up the great work, as it proves to be extremely useful for those in need. See ya ! Johnny

Guest johnny64   
Guest johnny64

hey there UGB it's great to shoot the bull with you ! the thing is, i don't deal with the cartersville music stores for they are way to costly. I shop at Ken Stanton Music, and Guitar Center in marietta. but for what ever it's worth thankyou for thinking of me ! peace, love, and good will to you my good man. Johnny

Guest johnny64   
Guest johnny64

Hey there UGB, hows it goin ? I just got done talkin to a bass player buddy of mine, that knows a tall guitar player named Joey from a cartersville music shop. now if thats the same man you spoke of i don't know, but there is a Joey out here. take 'er easy UGB, talk at ya later. Johnny

Guest johnny64   
Guest johnny64

your right about that ! I've gone to one of those stores just once for a pack of guitar strings and man was that place high on prices for equipment ! The one i went to was on 41 by a pizza place. I only shop at Ken Stanton Music, or Guitar center in Marietta. take 'er easy UGB, We'll talk back at ya later. Johnny

Ah, thanks.

Odd, UGB's link directed me to "strobosoft" instead, where there just where computerstuff and I don't know what. O.o

Darn... is it not possible to order them online? :/ Is there no way to order it online, where can I see prices and such? :o

I'd like this one, it has everything I want...

allthumbs    8
Ah, thanks.

Odd, UGB's link directed me to "strobosoft" instead, where there just where computerstuff and I don't know what. O.o

Darn... is it not possible to order them online? :/ Is there no way to order it online, where can I see prices and such? :o

I'd like this one, it has everything I want...

Here is another page of them with prices.

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=QvlIbAAA1151573055&uzc=&command=link--pt

737blues    0

I thought I knew my way around Australia reasonably well, but ............

Clicked on the link to Australian Dealers on that website and come up with this:

Dealers

There are 17 dealer(s) in 2 countries in the continent of Australasia.

The following is a list of countries that Peterson has dealers in.

Which country in Australasia would you like to search in?

Streuth, anybody want to help a poor boy from the bush out with this one? :cowboy:

Thanks for the answers everyone. :)

737blues:

Austral-asia is what that part of the world is called.

So if you live in Australia, pick australia, not new zealand and so on.

If that's what you meant, I don't know. ;P

tom2828    0

thanks for your article, i got the same problem with my guitar-open note tuned correctly with chromatic tuner does not correspond the one on the 12 th fret, it is a little bit lower.But most interesting thing is when i fix a saddle with screwdriver and got the string tuned i make the string tighter and after that i have to loose again the open string to tune it to the previouse position, and here we go again to the original set. So what to do?

thanks for your article, i got the same problem with my guitar-open note tuned correctly with chromatic tuner does not correspond the one on the 12 th fret, it is a little bit lower.

Ok, I understand that part fine.

But most interesting thing is when i fix a saddle with screwdriver and got the string tuned i make the string tighter and after that i have to loose again the open string to tune it to the previouse position, and here we go again to the original set.

This part I don't understand. Can you try and say this again using different words?

tom2828    0

thanks for quick reply,i am trying to use other words (sorry for my english).i tryed to solve that problem exactly according to your instructions mentioned above, namely- i tuned a string on the 12th fret using tuner and by screwing a bolt on the bridge, well done,a string is tuned, after that i go back to the open string and have to tune it again as it was detuned during the operation, after tuning i check the 12 th fret again and it shows detuning.

sorry for bothering you,thanks,tom

WernHalen    0

Tom it is a gradual process and it might show some de-tunning as you call it but it should be less than the previous time you checked the intonation. Adjust the intonation again, re-tune and check again...

Oh and by the way you shoul dnot try to tune to the exact pitch you are aiming for. By doing this you are moving the string too far the other way... You should rather detune the string and move the saddle in the detuned position. Move the saddle slightly every time you adjust. tune up and check the intnation... repeat if necessary.

Btw... WHERE to find an analog, needle tuner for that price? I've looked around nearly everywhere, and they're not to be found. I only find digital LED-tuners for that price... analog needle tuners start to appear first aroiund $80-$100...

fly135    5

Tom, If you move the bridge saddle away from the fretboard, you make the string longer. That should lower the pitch at the 12th fret. If you move the bridge saddle closer to the fretboard it will raise the pitch at the 12th fret. After each move, retune the open string and then check it against the pitch at the 12th fret. Eventually it should dial in.