knight46

A Nooby does Setup

knight46    2

This past weekend I noticed that the B string on my '51 had either developed a bad string buzz at the first fret :reallymad: or I had become attentive to notice in the first place.:eek:

I went to the forum and read up on string buzz and then intonation. After checking for string height I found that I had to much relief, so I adjusted the truss rod a little and checked again. Now it was right on:winkthumb: , I retuned and then checked intonation.

Using my digital tuner I was able to set the intonation spot on.:winkthumb:

I just wanted to thank all of the contributors to this site, if I had never found this site or read the posts I would have not felt comfortable with these adjustments.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Is this site great or what:laughingg: :laughingg: :laughingg: .

fly135    5

It's an important skill to pick up too. The great thing about electrics is that everything's adjustable so you can undo anything that you do wrong the first time.

Stratrat    0
It's an important skill to pick up too. The great thing about electrics is that everything's adjustable so you can undo anything that you do wrong the first time.

...except that I've always found it hard to "unbreak" a doggone broken string! :) I haven't figured out how to "unplay" bad notes either....when I get that one down I'll let you all in on the secret. ;)