Clancy

Activity bars, keep 'em or dump 'em?

Should we keep or dump the activity bars?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep or dump the activity bars?

• Keep them, I like them, it makes it easy to see what's going on.
    • Dump them, I find them annoying and distracting.
    • I don't know, I never even knew what they were.

Clancy    36

Ok, just curious as I'm trying to make the forum as functional as possible.

Just creating this poll to see if members have or haven't got an opinion on the activity bars on the forum home page. If you don't know what they are I've attached a screenshot with one of the activity bars outlined in red.

The role of these activity bars is to visually show the activity in each forum. but if I have to explain their function, they're not really doing what they're there to do... so the question for the poll is... should we keep them or dump them?

If you have an opinion, please vote. We want to make the forum as user friendly as possible and we can only really do that if we get our members opinions on things.

Thanks for your feedback.

Clancy

450.attach

nagukush    0

Hi Clancy

Personaly i feel that they're of good use and can be kept active, that is, if the majority agrees to the same idea. But i have full confidence that whatever is and will be done by our Admin and Mods, is for our betterment and its gonna make this place even more beautiful.:)

these were my personal thoughts:)

nagukush    0

Definitely true !!! I forgot to mention the same, only if its not causing additional overheads or work for the admins, its worth keeping. Else we could surely do without them. Its just that they make the forum look more alive and personaly gives me a feeling of being present in a busy place. :)

allthumbs    8
I find them interesting...if there is no overhead, keep them. As always, if it makes unnecessary work for you, Clancy, dump 'em.

I second that. Dump them if they make your life easier. I have to read every post so they make no difference to me.

hi clancy

i dont really pay much attention to them, i go to the areas i want to check out to read new posts and see whats going on, so its what ever u want to do with them, if it takes up to much bandwidth the dump them, or whatever the majority wants im fine with

chuck

mcknett    1

I'm glad you're there to do it. I'm just amazed at the number of posts you put up. Your average is over 3 per day, but I know that must include a lot of 0 days, your recent average must be much higher. (and they are quality posts!)

tpolitz    0

I'm new and not to familiar with the site yet but that was one of the first graphics that caught my eye, I like it but hey, I'm easy so whatever you guys think?

I think you should keep them if they arent to much trouble for them it makes the site look like it is an active place, but i dont really care for them myself sometimes because i know what i am looking for, but when i am just looking around for something intersting it helps me find something

DE_South    0

It is a really nice looking site. So many vBulletin sites out there look the same, but this one definitely has managed to capture it's own appearance. I say they add to that appearance: keep 'em !!! :thumbup1:

PickNGrin    0

OK, ..I like them, they alert me to where the activity is. Only dump it if its using more bandwidth than you feel its worth...I dont see how they can hurt-unless its a bandwidth hog.

Clancy    36

Ok, we'll keep 'em. They don't slow the forum loading time down, so that's not an issue. I was really just wondering if they were annoying. I like them and find them useful but if everyone voted "dump 'em", I would have removed them... Glad to see the majority agree with me :) :)

Thanks to everyone who voted and gave their feedback.

Cheers

Clancy