solidwalnut

What do you see?

22 posts in this topic

I'm curious as to what everyone sees.

Please take a look at this video. Tell me if you think the thumb movement is somewhat blurry or the movements are absolutely clear.

Thanks,

Steve

The thumb is clear enough for instruction purposes, not absolutely clear - but well good enough.

What camera/interface/software are you using? All these things can have an effect on your finished Vid...

There is a little blur in the movement of the thumb but you can tell unquestionalbly that the thumb is alternating between the A and D strings.

Mike

It's clear enough for instruction, the thumb goes blurred on the down stroke after you've struck the string but this doesn't affect the lesson, if it was still photography I'd look at Camera speed but I'm not qualified on filming maybe you could back the Cam. off a bit.

Hope this helps Steve.

Steve,

Very clear on my mac. A little blurred when the picking was faster.

But good for lessons.

The thumb is clear enough for instruction purposes, not absolutely clear - but well good enough.

What camera/interface/software are you using? All these things can have an effect on your finished Vid...

Well what I'm seeing is that when I play this video from my hard drive, there is absolutely no blurring of the movement of the thumb, but when this video is uploaded to the GfB server and played back, I see the blurring. I've played them side by side and can see that.

I know that the cameral lens was too close and therefore has focus blur. I just decided it wasn't bad enough to not do it over again. I'm using a Fuji camera in film mode and producing the vids in Magix Movie Edit Pro 12, and then using On2 Flix Standard to convert them into flash.

Steve

Steve, it looks clear on my end. You might want to pull back on the camera a little though.

Yeah, I realize when I looked at the raw vid that the lense was too close to focus well. I just decided it wasn't bad enough to do over.

I only really noticed it when you popped this thread on solidwalnut, I took the lesson and it didn't affect the quality of the lesson at all certainly not enough to redo it and I can play Dust in the wind now so it worked for me. Thanks for this lesson and all the work you do to help us learn.:thumbup1:

Cheers

Chris

I only noticed it because you pointed it out, and then had to look closely to see the slight blurring!

Thought it looked ok myself, maybe by converting it you change the Fps{frames per second} and converting compresses sometimes causing that same effect.... "My thoughts"

Steve, if you think it's the server here, maybe you should post the same file on your server and we can take a look at the difference. I honestly can't see anything noticeable. Your movies in fact look a lot clearer than most of the ones Kirk posts here. I really wouldn't be concerned.

Clancy

Yeah, I realize when I looked at the raw vid that the lense was too close to focus well. I just decided it wasn't bad enough to do over.

Steve, it looks fine on my comp. I just was giving my opinion. So the answer is, leave it the way it is. It works.:smilinguitar:

Thanks all. I'm being too picky I suppose. And Clancy, it doesn't matter whether the vid's posted on GfB server or the solidwalnut server. It's just something that's happening when played from my hard drive vs. being streamed, I'm thinking.

I only noticed it because you pointed it out, and then had to look closely to see the slight blurring!

+1. It's plenty clear enough to see what the thumb is doing.

Hey I know nothing, but could learn easily from that so if what a newbie sees is what is important. I am a newbie and its clear as a bell to me.

Hey I know nothing, but could learn easily from that so if what a newbie sees is what is important. I am a newbie and its clear as a bell to me.

What a newbie see IS important, thanks magpie!