fly135

The Guitar Gods are smiling on me....

fly135    5

"Why are you buying a metal guitar if your not going to do the "loud and fast" stuff?"

Shhhh, it doesn't know it's a metal guitar.:whistling It thinks it's a wood plank with pups.;) I'm in awe of the sound that I'm getting out of this thing. It takes to my FX boxes like a duck to water. And it's got a fat jazz tone on the neck pup into a clean amp setting.

Right off the bat after buying it I got in the zone and came up with the best stuff I've ever done. It's posted in another thread but here's a link....

http://music.panelmagic.com/fun_with_delay.mp3

737blues, thanks for that link. I'm seriously considering doing this mod.

Coldethyl, anybody can get a deal on Craigslist. I just picked up a Digidelay pedal for $40, and I've got an Ernie Ball pedal for $55 shipped and on the way as he was about 40 miles away. I also picked up a flute yesterday for cheap. I'm a hack on it but I'll be recording something soon with it and my guitar. I actually started working on a CCR tune with some flute (I already have one that has a few problems) and left it on the back burner. Here's the start of it....

http://music.panelmagic.com/shortbend.mp3

Stratrat    0

Man - with the deals you got on the axes and pedals, I'd say they're smiling more on you every day. Post up a pic of your pedal board when you get it done, I'd like to see how it turns out!

fly135    5

I just got the Ernie Ball pedal and the 1/4" right angle connectors yesterday. That Ernie Ball is built like a tank. Now I can see why they are so expensive. I'll post a pic when I get it done.

It will probably take a little longer now. I jammed my knee really hard Sunday. It's pretty swollen and when I get home from work all I want to do is lay in bed and ice it. Doc appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping it's just soft tissue damage and not any ripped ligaments or tendons.

fly135    5

Oh yeah, I didn't mention this before but last Thursday a Martin D28 went up on the list for $500 right about the time I got off work. That was the same night I went to my daughters play. It was off the list went I got home. If I had skipped the play to get it, it wouldn't have been worth the money as I probably would have been murdered by Ginny anyway.:unsure: