fly135

The Guitar Gods are smiling on me....

Two guitars in one week! I just picked up this MIM Tele off Craigslist for $215. Real nice shape. Also earlier this week I got the Schecter C1 Diamonds Series with the Dimebag pup upgrade for $150. I sold my Affinity Tele for $100, and I think I can get $125 for my other Affinity Tele. So the total pain this week should come at $140. Here's the pics. The Tele pic is from the ad.

5059.attach

5060.attach

They're smiling indeed!!! Notch TWO great scores in a week for Fly135! :claping:

That's a great-lookin' Tele - I love my MIM. Congrats!!!

Thanks for the comment guys. I forgot to mention the icing on the cake. The Schecter didn't come with a case or bag. The Tele came with a Schecter Diamond Series gig bag.:yes::dunno::winkthumb:

....I forgot to mention the icing on the cake. The Schecter didn't come with a case or bag. The Tele came with a Schecter Diamond Series gig bag.:yes::dunno::winkthumb:

The Guitar Gods aren't just smiling on you, Fly - they're giving you a back rub and pouring you a drink! :D

Yeah they are a bit heavier than an acoustic. You start to feel it after a while when you play while standing. I'm really liking the short scale on the Schecter. Seems like it frets and bends easier. And it's easier to span the frets. Gets a little cramped in the upper frets through.

Levi, I'm fond of that blue too.:winkthumb:

You certainly are da man, those are unbelievable price deals. Well done!

I have the same series Mexican Tele as that but it's Candy Apple Green. (Makes me feel like an extra from a Beach Boy movie, but I love it)

I'm a pushover for anything painted Candy. I'm finding the tone on the Schecter to die for. If I could coil tap those humbuckers I probably wouldn't need any other electric guitars.

It can be done, Fly - I just don't know how easy it would be to convert it. I have the Schecter Gryphon, which is very similar to your C1, and it has a push/pull coil tap built into the tone knob.

Schecter doesn't show the Gryphon on their webpage - it's apparently a one-off build for GC/MF, but it's also a "Diamond Series". Wonder if you could just order the coil tap knob from Schecter?

Yeah, when you have GAS, "need" isn't really a big factor.:)

Funny thing is that Ginny cringes whenever I buy another guitar. Now I want to sell my Sunburst Epiphone Dot, but she won't let me because to her it looks like a John Lennon guitar. Whenever Tomg covers a Beatles tune she listens to it about a zillion times.

If only that would work, hmmm...

Right now I'm trying to build myself a pedal board. I picked up a Digidelay pedal for $40 yesterday. There was an Ernie Ball volume pedal on the list but I think I missed out on it. No response from seller.

Several issues I'm running across are I need right angle connector type jumpers and my power supply daisy chain leads are too short. So far the line up for the board are as follows (in probably that order)...

1) Behringer compressor (might leave it out as the quality isn't too good)

2) Morley Wah pedal

3) Bad Monkey

4) Russian Big Muff

5) DOD Chorus

6) Digidelay

7) Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ

8) Volume Pedal (when I fond one)

I'd like to maybe stick a Danelectro Tuna Chicken Salad Vibrato in there as well.