Clancy

New GFB&B audio/video test chat room... try it out and leave your feedback.

Clancy,

Rocker,Jomi,Aunt Doty, Spraytech, chuckswood,stringslinger,and myself have had a wonderful time with this. Extremely wonderfull to use once you get the hang of it.

From my end thanks for bringing it to the site. Its a keeper.

Even if it runs the way it is. I am sure many will agree.

This is a terrific idea Clancy, wonderful to speak to people on the site, I got to hear Eddiez, Aunt Doty and Smort singing live and I even sang a song myself! I also spoke to Spray Tech for the first time, all those lovely accents, just great!

Glad everyone is enjoying it... All those lovely accents hey Jomi... I guess there hasn't been an Aussie in the room yet. :D

Clancy

Glad everyone is enjoying it... All those lovely accents hey Jomi... I guess there hasn't been an Aussie in the room yet. :D

Clancy

Especially accents of some Australian women who raise their voice at the end of a sentence making everything sound like a question?

My accent is Down South Country!!!!!! I'm not sure that's lovely, but it's good for singing Loretta Lynn songs and bluegrass type music! :laughingg:

Even if it runs the way it is. I am sure many will agree.

I agree Eddie it works ok as it is...but the integration would be much better... it would show who was in the chat making for a much more active chat room.

Clancy

Glad you got it worked out Aunt Doty... I love having an Aunty here :)

You can login as a guest (no password needed) or you can sign up at userplane and login with that username... I don't think there's much difference. I use the guest login.

I'd like to get it fully integrated with the forum here so that our profiles link up and match and so that you don't need to login at all... and also so that we have a users in chat showing up on the forum (like the old chat room) but I think it might be a bit beyond my abilities :( (don't like admitting that) - so we'd need to pay to get it done by an expert (and it's not that cheap)... unless of course there is someone here (php mysql expert) who'd be interested in having a go at it. It's fairly complicated.

Clancy

check your private messages... ;)

I just keep getting a message to renew my flashplayer and when I do I just get the same message, anyone know how I get past that?

Thanks Si16,

I got there but the settings manager isn't visible for me only a 'download flashplayer now button' the text explaining the settings manager is right below!!! When I go ahead and download the player I go back to the webpage only to see the same message, I can't download or use the settings manager. I couldn't find the cookies to delete them manually either.

You can access it with just a PC Neil. You'll be able to hear everyone but they'll not be able to hear you. You can still communicate with others by typing messages into the chat window but it's probably not ideal.

Using a mic will allow you to talk with everyone but it would be best to get a headset with built-in mic as this will eliminate feedback. Best of all would be if you've got a webcam which will allow everyone to see and hear you.

EddieZ, JayJay and I were in the audio/video chat a while ago....Eddie played a couple of great songs for us, JayJay threw some killer fish at him and we all three played a bit. Audio is great, video isn't bad considering that it's webcams. I'm still getting my setup sussed out, but it was cool to actually talk 'face to face' (in a sense) rather than just reading words on a screen. Very cool feature Clancy, hope you keep it around! :yes:

I got logged in and everything seemed to be there. No one in the room, though. I think it's a great idea! The banners at the bottom weren't a concern, but every so often I'd get the voice for someone trying to sell me an i-pod. I can't seem to disable these audio ads. Is this possible?

thanks,

hb

Yeah, that "You've just won a free iPod!" thing is pretty annoying! I didn't look into it, but you probably have to buy a paid Userplane membership to get rid of the ads.

ok.....thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Most of those things you can just "x" out of but it didn't seem to work.

hb

I noticed that last night when I went in the chat room. It had not happened before when I was there. I was wondering if something had changed?

Rockerbob played and sang us several songs last night. Fun site!