Clancy

New GFB&B audio/video test chat room... try it out and leave your feedback.

Steve and I just left the room and with a one on one the audio was good with no echo. I found that when more are in the chat, an echo does happen. Also voice feed back. It is clean on a 1-1 though

Steve and I just left the room and with a one on one the audio was good with no echo. I found that when more are in the chat, an echo does happen. Also voice feed back. It is clean on a 1-1 though

I don't think any of these kind of things are perfect... they are very server intensive and your broadband connection (and the connection of others using the chat) is also always going to be a factor. I talk on skype and msn with a few friends, sometimes the sound is perfect other times it sounds like we are talking underwater.

Clancy

Clancy,

I think the whole thing is great and a definite plus to the site.

It is a perfect aid to questions people may have about playing or other things. A whole lot better than typing responses back and forth.

Truely a 100% plus in my opinion. And worth having here.

And yes I agree, that none of these will be perfect and have their limitations.

But one on one seems to work very well.

I like it. Too bad it seems when I'm in there, thers a maximum of one other person :( :(

Is there a button or something that shows up when people are in the room as per the chat room? That might help lure more people in. Just a thought. :isaynothing:

Is there a button or something that shows up when people are in the room as per the chat room? That might help lure more people in. Just a thought. :isaynothing:

Nope, but if you just login to the the messenger login and leave the little window up that says userlist, you will see when others login... no point just staying for a minute and logging out. Use it like you would a desktop Yahoo messenger, msn messenger, skype kind of thing. Login and stay logged in until someone shows up.

Clancy

Nope, but if you just login to the the messenger login and leave the little window up that says userlist, you will see when others login... no point just staying for a minute and logging out. Use it like you would a desktop Yahoo messenger, msn messenger, skype kind of thing. Login and stay logged in until someone shows up.

Clancy

Ah! You are clever Clancy. That's why you are the skilled webmistress of this domain! I tried hanging out a bit last night and I had a nice chat with RockerBob and ChucksWoods. We watched and listened to RB play a nice tune for my family during dinner all the way from Colorado. We waved and typed our approval, but I still need a PC mic to fully participate. I'll pick one up. Cool stuff! :winkthumb: :winkthumb: :winkthumb:

Hey folks,

Another indicator of who might be in the video chat room is to look at the lower end of the screen in this post area.

We watched and listened to RB play a nice tune for my family during dinner all the way from Colorado. We waved and typed our approval, but I still need a PC mic to fully participate. I'll pick one up. Cool stuff! :winkthumb: :winkthumb: :winkthumb:

A private serenading by RB, well that's very cool Todd.

Clancy

Clancy thanks for doing this for us. Had a chat with Eddiez and JayJay who both gave us a little tune :P, really like it. :D

Now all i need to do is to find my webcam somewhere behind the maze of wires behind my pc. :yes:

It's all happening in the room now... Kirk and RB having a jam... if you're around login... it's fun!

Can't believe I missed that :( :( :( :(

:helpsmili :helpsmili Clancy, I tried logging in to the video/chat and it keeps saying it's an invalid log in. I tried Aunt Doty and password, AuntDoty and Doty, nothing worked. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

try logging in as a guest with the name, and it should allow you access.

Userplane has you set up a profile and gives you a user name and password... but no additional benefits to my knowledge.

Thanks Dewey

I finally got on, took me a while to figure out how everything works but everyone was very helpful and it was fun. Heard eddiez, Jomi and Smort sing and talked with Spray Tech. Good site! Thanks Clancy!:claping::yeahhh:

I just signed up using my user name here and a new password as its totally different from this web site from what I gathered , as it would not let me in with my user name and password here .

So I just signed up for a new chat account .

Spray tech, I signed in with just my name...Aunt Doty. Once you're in the room you can go down and do your profile and that's where you put in your password...it can be different or the same. doesn't matter. It took me a while to realize that I had to put everyone in the dock across the bottom.....dummmy me,:dunno: couldn't figure out why I couldn't hear everyone.

No dummy there Aunt Doty

Its a bit difficult to explain, but after you get there once, then everythng seems to kick in.

I think I'll put together a summery.

Glad you got it worked out Aunt Doty... I love having an Aunty here :)

You can login as a guest (no password needed) or you can sign up at userplane and login with that username... I don't think there's much difference. I use the guest login.

I'd like to get it fully integrated with the forum here so that our profiles link up and match and so that you don't need to login at all... and also so that we have a users in chat showing up on the forum (like the old chat room) but I think it might be a bit beyond my abilities :( (don't like admitting that) - so we'd need to pay to get it done by an expert (and it's not that cheap)... unless of course there is someone here (php mysql expert) who'd be interested in having a go at it. It's fairly complicated.

Clancy