Clancy

New GFB&B audio/video test chat room... try it out and leave your feedback.

I've set up a test chat room here for GFB&B - http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/testchat.html - you can use audio and video or one or the other. It's not integrated into our database as yet as I wanted to get some feedback before I went ahead and did that.

On the test page you will see two logins, the top one is for a one on one messenger type chat... and the other is a chat room set up. Both have audio video abilities... Just login with your username (you will still show as a guest) as it's not integrated as yet.

Hopefully this will work for us. Let me know how it goes. All feedback welcome.

Cheers

Clancy

Clancy,

Just found the room on the other thread, didn't see this thread until I had posted. But again pretty cool. I look forward to hearing some of the members real time.

The one-on-one chat seems to work well, had a brief chat with Hilch and Knight. Haven't tried the other room yet.

Clancy,

Everytime someone came on line it came up in a separate window, is that because we were all Guests?

Do you mean every time someone chatted to you it came up in a separate window? If you were using the messenger part, that is only a one on one chat so it will be separate windows. In the chat room you'll be all there together.

Clancy

I entered the site and had a window open with my user name. When Si16 came on line a separate window opened and also when Hilch came on line another separate window opened. I am not sure if Si16 and Hilch could see each other and I wasn't sure how to get everyone on one page. Still feeling my way around the site.

The second login on that page takes you directly into the chat room knight. The first login is a personal messenger type thing for one on one chats... like a yahoo or msn messenger type of thing.

Clancy

Aha so, Si16 and Hilch were signing on to the first login and I was on the second. OK, that makes perfect sense now. Thanks Clancy.

I'm in on the chat area... not the messenger area. Looks to be the same as Userplane... down to me logging in with my userplane ID hehe.

I'm in on the chat area... not the messenger area. Looks to be the same as Userplane... down to me logging in with my userplane ID hehe.

It is Userplane.

Just went back in and could not get into the Messenger area, would not connect. But not a problem with the chat room.

I'd say that was just a temporary problem. Make sure your window isn't lost behind another one... I tested it out yesterday and that happened to me.

Clancy

I've had the problem (at Jim's Jam) of losing the window completely... not in the tool bar or showing up in task manager...

I have to reboot to get control. But currently everything seems to be working fine for me... just like userplane to the point of being alone :crying2:

I have to reboot to get control. But currently everything seems to be working fine for me... just like userplane to the point of being alone :crying2:

Please, someone go and keep poor Dewy company. My heart is bleeding for him. Do you have a cam Dewy?

Nahh, no cam, and getting drug off to do siding... have to bleed for me later Lovely Mrs. Clancy.

Planning on the cam part though... never had anyone want to look at me before, so it has never been an issue.

Ohh, and I'm being silly, of course its like userplane because it IS userplane... I did catch that earlier.

Hey, I checked it out, registered, logged in, but alas, found myself chatting with myself. If you talk with yourself, even online, does that mean you need to seek professional help? :dunno::lol::wacko: :wacko:

You can talk to yourself... you can ask yourself questions... you can even answer yourself... thats all perfectly "Normal" (whatever that is).

You need help when you have no Idea what your talking about and ignore yourself.

Looks like I missed Canuck Todd and Matt just now... so back to keeping the chat room warm hehe.

I showed up , and listened to a couple of the members play , and had fun .

These guys can play alright :) I know I will show up , but I wont be playing ......... LOL

SprayTech,

You can always show up. As far as the playing, were all gonna learn something here. Its a great way to figure out the sore spots.