coldethyl

Your Favourite Electric Guitar

What is your Favourite Electric Guitar?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your Favourite Electric Guitar?

• Fender Stratocaster
    • Fender Telecaster
    • Fender Jaguar
    • Gibson Les Paul
    • Gibson SG
    • Gibson Explorer
    • Gibson Flying V
    • Other

coldethyl    0

I say I'm partial to the Les Paul but in reality the only electric I own is a cheap Ibanez GIO. But I love the tone I get when I plug it into my Marshall so I'm a "happy chappy"

allthumbs    8
I say I'm partial to the Les Paul but in reality the only electric I own is a cheap Ibanez GIO. But I love the tone I get when I plug it into my Marshall so I'm a "happy chappy"

You will dig this. A friend of mine just picked up a new Black Falcon Gretsch (5000 US)

for 1800 at a clearence sale. Talk about happy chappy. He has been jonesing for one for years.

allthumbs    8
Yeah and talk about being in the right place at the right time. He is one lucky guy!

No kidding. This guitar called to him. He picked it up and just couldn't put it down. When he played it every other player in the store stopped trying out new guitars to just listen. He tried to talk himself out of it by looking for flaws,but could find none. He grit his teeth and asked the price and the salesguy said "oh there's been a mistake this is suposed to be in clearence 1800 bucks with hard shell case." He almost broke his arm getting his credit card out he was moving so fast.:D The Irony is that a mutual friend was in there earlier and asked about the same guitar. The sales guy told him it was not for sale. :lol:

I guess he was waiting for the right player to come along. It was meant to be.

Pete81t    0

Gibson Les Paul, hands down. I own an SG myself, but the Les Paul will always be my personal favorite. I love the Fender Stratocaster too. I like switching between the Strat and a Gibson depending on the tone I'm looking for.

micklen    0

I think if money was no object I would like either a Burns as they were King back in my day

Or a Dean after seeing what MAB can do with one

Saying that

BB King's Loretta would be nice to just sit there and play some Blues :thumbup1:

micklen    0

I know I know :rolleyes:

I saw what I had done and THEN forgot to correct it

May as well leave it now ;)

I think I must have been under the influence that day :oops:

Started with the right letter and then went haywire

Obviously using FAR too much alcohol to get the thought processes working properly :P

I don't claim to be an expert on electric guitars. Play mostly acoustic and classical. I have two electric guitars, a Godin xtsa and an Epiphone Broadway. The Godin has Seymore Duncan pickups, carved AAA flame maple top, ebony board, synth access, and cost me 900.00 Canadian. The build quality is incredible for the money. The EPI is o.k. considering its an Asian knockoff. Nicely finished, crappy hardware. Nice fat jazz tone.DonC.:thumbup1:

aarona36    0

You forgot my "Hondo, Formula One" (with wornout frets and poor setup) in you poll, I vote for it!! ;)

But, seriously, anyone heard one of these before?...

I haven't played too many electrics, but so far my friends PRS takes the cake.

gravitas    0

No Ibanez? Hm, that surprises me. Never thought I'd see a guitar poll without an Ibanez on it. No Squiers either. Not even a Rickenbacker. Huh.

If I had to pick from the list, I'd pick the Gibson SG. If I could have any other one, though, The Jackson V is the git-box for me.

coldethyl    0
No Ibanez? Hm, that surprises me. Never thought I'd see a guitar poll without an Ibanez on it. No Squiers either. Not even a Rickenbacker. Huh.

That's why I put an "Other" category there, in order to cater for the many other brand guitars.

But perhaps your right though, I should of put an Ibanez category there since they are one of the most popular brands around.:D

gravitas    0

No sweat, man. Honestly, I think Ibanez sound like crap. There's no brightness to the tone like you get from a Tele or a Les Paul. I was just taken aback that you hadn't included a Roadster or something, because my High School seems to be riddled with them.

I own several different brands including Ibanez, Epiphone, Fender tele & strat, Martin, Takamini, and the newest is a Rick. They all have something I like or I would have gotten rid of them a long time ago. For me my favorite is the one I'm playing at the moment.

lorirocks    1
I love playing my Epi Allykat even more than my strat.

Me too! I love my Kat. It's my main axe. I love my Gibson Les Paul Studio too but my Alleykat is the one I pick up the most.

coldethyl    0
No sweat, man. Honestly, I think Ibanez sound like crap. There's no brightness to the tone like you get from a Tele or a Les Paul.

That's your opinion mate, and your certainly entitled to it BUT I have to tell you that I have an Ibanez acoustic and and Ibanez electric and I'm quite happy with both.

As a matter of fact, I love the tone that I get when I plug my electric into my Marshall. I mostly use the neck pickup and that gives me a nice warm tone that puts a smile on my dial.

I'm not sure what your opinion of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai or even George Benson is, but they all adamantly stand by Ibanez and have for quite a while. They are also individually very talented guitarists in their own right. Of course there are many other talented guitarists that use and stand by Ibanez, but I'm sure your already aware of that.

Cheers!

Neil

:rockon:

allthumbs    8

I have some friends that have Ibies and are happy with them. Sounds more a matter of taste than quality of the guitar. Many people feel the same way about teles. Great guitar,but you either love them or hate them.