nagukush

what makes a guitar player great ?

what makes a Guitar Player really great ???  

1 member has voted

1. 1. what makes a Guitar Player really great ???

• His success as a commercial musician.
    • His Guitar playing abilities.
    • His knowledge of music and Guitar.

Hi James

That was not what i meant buddy : sorry if i was'nt clear . I mean when is Guitar player called a great player , and not what he should do to become great.

Anyways thanks for replying pal.

Regds

Kush

I think Tommy Emmanuel summed it up best when he said that "determination, dedication, and devotion, and hard work" are the key ingredients to being a successful guitarist.

I think playing ability as well as knowledge of the guitar are essential to being a great musician and guitarist. Both go hand in hand, almost like "two sides of the same coin".

As time progresses, and through much practice, one's abilities and knowledge increase. This is what makes one a great guitarist.:clap:

I think it is techniquee and passion that make for great guitarists. SRV couldn't read a lick of music - got a D or F in his HS music class. But he was a great guitarist. Look at all those old blues guys - they often had pretty simple (and sometimes sloppy) technique but their passion for what they were doing still has people copying their work.

Hi Tommy !!!

Lol:lol: . You may be right buddy !!!:lol: , (can u believe , i really started growing long hair, when i had just started playin, dreaming of getting all the talents quickly !!!!:lol: how funny of me !!)

Regds

Kush

I think passion for the art has got to be up to the top, you know, along with kush hair. The more you feel about smoething the more you practice. the more u practice the better you get. But u gotta want it. :)

It's all in the way you hold your mouth ...

But seriously, I think those players who have been called 'great' are those who have developed their own distinct, recognizable, sound, and who make great music. Technique, knowledge, speed, dexterity ... all of those elements mean nothing if there's no music coming out ...

It's all in the way you hold your mouth ...

But seriously, I think those players who have been called 'great' are those who have developed their own distinct, recognizable, sound, and who make great music. Technique, knowledge, speed, dexterity ... all of those elements mean nothing if there's no music coming out ...

I couldn't agree more, Kirk! :thumbup1:

Neil