ragser

How old were you when you first started playing, how long before you bought your 2nd

Aunt Doty    0

At age 13 bought a second hand guitar, took about 3 lessons and quit. Don't know what happened to that guitar. At age 55( last year) I bought a student guitar and started taking group lessons at a community center. About six months later I upgraded to an acoustic electric Takamine (which I love!). I've been playing for a year now on May 12th!!

jpl3k    0

My dad always had an acoustic guitar lying around the house that I would play with as a child, but I'm 24 now and only pursuing learning seriously now. When I look back, I wish I started much younger, like in high school when my friends were. Problem is, I probably wouldn't have stayed dedicated to it unless I was physically going to classes after school or something. No motivation, you know? If it works out for me now, I'll convince my dad to buy a new Ovation for himself and I'll steal his. :evil grin: He-he-he!

AX7221    0

I was in eighth grade i think that makes me 14, 15 maybe. I played my moms old acoustic and got my "1st" guitar when i was a freshmen (now the acoustic is mine but the electric was mine b4 the acoustic was mine). And i got my second (an Ibanez AX7221) when i was 19 i think. (thats not including the junk one i got for 20 bucks at 18 and the acoustic).

fly135    5

I've tried many times and gave up. I sold a motorcycle seat around 1976 to a guy who never could afford to pay. I managed to talk him into giving me his Epi Texan acoustic. I still have it to this day although waiting for a new bridge. I never could play it.

Then around 1978 I bought some LP clone but didn't learn to play it and sold it to a guy at work. Jump forward about 7 years and I bought a G&L S-500 from a pawn shop for $60 with a Gorilla practice amp. Didn't learn to play it but kept it in my closet.

Jump forward about 20 years and I'm 50. My new wife plays piano so I get the bug to learn to play the guitar again. I find out my $60 G&L is actually an expensive guitar and with all the help from the internet and my favorite software, Guitar Pro, I'm actually learning to play for real. I will admit however from all those previous attempts I did know the basic chords A, G, C, E, & D. But now I've got about a year and a half of serious learning and I'm never going to give it up again as long as my hands are able.

krissovo    0

Christmas 2005 when I was 33 I picked up a cheap acoustic as I had a list of things to do before I was 40 and busking was on the list. After about a month I was hooked and I then bought a Strat starter pack. Within a year I have spent €9000 and got some great gear.

volfan    0

Bought my first one about a month ago, a few days after I turned 39. So far, I haven't bought another one but not a day goes by that I don't drool over the Epi 400SG. I'd also like to have an acoustic. My dad has a 60's era Kay archtop that I keep trying to get him to send me since he hasn't played it in 25 years. :P

I was 13 when I first picked up a guitar... but I had severe troubles with motor control at that time, so i never got anywhere... I got my first acoustic at the age of 16, I started to play seriously at the age of 17, when I bought my first electric... and less than a year after I started I bought my second electric, to which I'm still holding on to, now I'm 19. (:

D-Dawn    0

Got my first when I was 28..quit soon after because my brother borrowed it and never gave it back. Bought another at 33 and now own 8 :D

karcey    42

Borrowed one to get me started at age 57. Bought my first 6 months later, my second a few months after that. Have avoided GAS and only acquire what I absolutely can't do without. Last count 7 with a new project under way. Anticipate another before I hit 60.

Europa    0

I started when I was 15, which isn't too long ago seeing I'm 16 now, and bought my 2nd (which was an electric) after about 4 months. :)

Stratrat    0
.....Have avoided GAS and only acquire what I absolutely can't do without. Last count 7 with a new project under way...

Now THAT is funny, Karcey! :lol:

started playing at 5 on my dads old 1946 martin then i graduated to my own martin at 6 (1966 D-28 brazilian rosewood) got my second at the tender age of 8 (fender tele) at 10 I got my first Les Paul, fast forward 32 years and here i am with alla my first plus my dads which i acquired when he passed. So that racks the total playing time up to 37 yrs and during that time ive gained 16 guitars and am looking to acquired another in the next month got my eyes on an old national dobro.:smilinguitar:

Daroy    0

I started at 13, I bought a very very cheap classic guitar ($30 or something like that) which just sounded terrible, and I couldn't even tune it! It really is a wonder that I kept practicing and playing because I hate that guitar! Now I am 14 and I bought a new guitar ($160) with nylon strings last friday. It's an awesome guitar.

tomcat52    0

Got my first guitar for Christmas, I was 48 and it was a First Act strat copy and actually is a decent guitar. About a year later I bought a Fender American Deluxe Strat. A few months later bought a nice acoustic and a year after that a Gibson 335. Still have two more guitars I want to own.

Foxxeh    0

15, turned 16 10th may

been playin 4 months ~~

waitin for next guitar when i get money

goin for an elec

any suggestions??

got a cheapo nylon 3/4 acoustic atm :P

Ellenback1    0

Had an acoustic when I was 14-15, was just starting to get good at it when younger brother decided to take a bath with it. Didn't own another till 6 months ago, since playing in bands, there was always someone to play the guitar. But, I found that I wanted more control over my music, and my singing, so I bought a used 12 string Yamaha. Now, I'm looking at an electric, or an acoustic electric, just waiting on job stability and funds to do so. Was thinking about a Yamaha Pacifica 112, they have one in ORANGE (MY COLOUR!) and a smaller Crush amp. I tend to do everything obsessively, until I learn enough to be okay at it, so I'm assuming guitar will be the same.

Still jamming weekly, on top of practice time, with Blues guys, and now with 2 other jamming buddies - one of them, female, she's a LITTLE better than I at guitar, and the guy is FARRRRR better! But, I can soak up the learnings that way, and I can give them help with their vocals, like voice projection, staying on tone, sync'ing, etc.

:rockon:

Elle

solidwalnut    5

I started playing when I was 12. My first guitar was given to me. The strings were a bit high off the neck, so my parents actually bought my first guitar about six months later, a Yamaha FG110 (they wanted to wait to make sure I was going to actually be interested in the thing). It was about three years after that when I bought my second guitar, a Madeira made by Guild. I played that Madeira for about 10 years before I got a Guild F42.

makn    0

I got my first acoustic about 2 years ago when I was 36. Then a year later an electric. I use the acoustic and the electric is in the cupboard most of the time. Both are Greg Bennett Signature series, Samichs.

Ellenback1    0
I got my first acoustic about 2 years ago when I was 36. Then a year later an electric. I use the acoustic and the electric is in the cupboard most of the time. Both are Greg Bennett Signature series, Samichs.

Ummm, makn, if you want your cupboard cleaned out, I can help with that, ya know....LOL

Elle

Michael_Lee    0

13 on 1st one, dad said do it for a year and he would but me a Real guitar ..... 2nd guitar one year later ... I was the only kid in school at 14 with a real Gibson Les Paul.