Todd Zielinski

Adding to my recording capabilities

My dad (eddiez152) sent me a Yamaha MO6 for my birthday. It's a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see how it adds to my own recordings and songwriting sessions. Thanks for the great gift!

It is driving me to try and pick just the right laptop to complete a small setup for recording at home. So what do you all think? What is the best bang for my buck. I have an M Audio Firewire 410 (thanks again Dad!), a number of mics, some great guitars, Roland Electric drums, and the MO 6. I'm just missing the laptop. Is Mac really the best way to go?

UshiZ    0

Well Todd, your best bet is truly a mac. You can do the stuff on PC and all but mac is designed to work with you on problems like music. That would really be your safest way to go. The friendliest programs for recording would be on the mac.

eddiez152    129

Well Todd,

All I can say is Steve (smort) swear's by them and a few others here use them.

You know what pop's got but I swear at em all.

Dad

Tekker    1

IMO it's all personal preference.

I think the most important thing is to pick your recording program that you like and fits your needs first, then decide on an operating system. Since you probably already have a PC, try out some demos for it and if you don't find what you're looking for then try to get a hold of someone with a Mac. If you program you decide on is available for both platforms, then you can go back to the OS debate. :D

My personal preference is the PC. The recording program and some of the plugins I use are PC only, so it's an easy choice for me. ;)

-tkr