DonalN

Very Basic improv question..

DonalN    0

Hi guys,

I'm new to this so bear with me, and if I'm totally on the wrong track here, please set me in the right direction.

I'm currently at the stage where I'm trying to get to grips with the whole major scales and improv around say a 3 or 4 chord progression.

I'm at a very early stage, and am currently learning the different scale positions for each major key. I'm enjoying this immensly (sp?) and as i get faster at each, I have more fun.

Anyways, I do plan on getting Planetalk as all the reviews have plenty of good things to say about it. I just ordered the new Strat, so next month's paycheck will get me the lessons!.

Just a quick question - If playing a solo around 3 chords, do you improv using just the different positions of the

key of the tune? i/e If the tune starts in the key of G, (other chords, maybe C & D) do you improv using only the major scales positions of G around the fretboard all through the solo?

I know this is a basic quesiton, but I'm at work and don't have me gitur to mess around!

Appreciate your feedback.

This is a super site - have learned loads already and even have 2.5 of the weekly lessons learned off.

Donal

DonalN    0

OK - I'm glad nobody has replied yet!...

Because, I (being the smart one that is!) read through the other posts in this forum after i posted the above and already now my question answered....

So, I'm saving you having to repeat yourselves!!!

Excellent site - hope I'll be able to offer up some good advice like many of you do here...